No matter where your academic journey began, as a graduate of our STEM designated Finance (M.S.) degree program you will be well-positioned and capable of succeeding in the financial sector. Our program supports and empowers:
- Recent undergraduates with a finance or related degree who want to obtain more in-depth knowledge of their field before launching a career
- Recent undergraduates with a technical degree in fields such as mathematics, computer science, or engineering, who wish to expand their academic portfolio and professional prospects
- Entry-level employees in finance or a related sector who aspire to elevate their careers but require more skills and training
- Mid-career individuals looking to switch to more financially-focused roles by pursuing their studies part-time in order to immediately leverage their degree into a better career opportunity
The dedication and commitment of pursuing a Master of Science in Finance, along with the acquired advanced analytic and technical financial skills, put graduates of this program in high demand for roles as corporate financial analysts, financial managers, investment associates, and more.
Preparation for Future Studies and Industry Requirements
Certification and Licensure Opportunities
As a student in the Finance MS degree program, you will be prepared to sit for a variety of industry certifications and licensures, including Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) and Series 7 – General Securities Representative Qualification Examination (GS).
Pursue Your MBA
University of Bridgeport's Ernest C. Trefz School of Business offers graduate degrees for individuals looking to either continue or concurrently expand upon their business education. Our MBA program is well-suited for individuals seeking to enhance their managerial skills.
Keys to Completing the Finance MS Degree Program
To fulfill the requirements of this program, you will need to successfully complete the required 30-credits of coursework, including a thesis or internship. You must satisfactorily complete all academic requirements with a cumulative grade point average grade of “B” (CGPA = 3.0) or better.
Evaluation of your progress will be based on the following:
- Research papers integrating market trends with class topics
- Exams measuring the effective acquisition of technical acumen
- “Hands-on” tools and calculation assignments and projects
- Student attendance and class participation
- A thesis that demonstrates the ability to conduct investigations in the analytics and systems discipline
- Brokerage Firms
- Hedge Funds
- Insurance Firms
- Investment Banks
- Investment Management Firms
- Portfolio Management
- Private Equity
- Private Industry