Criminal Justice Career Outcomes
Careers with a criminal justice degree
Our program introduces you to the emergence and implications of human security as a dimension of criminal justice. We explore its impact on both domestic and international levels. You will become part of a corps of security professionals who demonstrate the language skills and intercultural understanding required for effective law enforcement in today’s society.
Based on your performance, you may be eligible for admission to graduate study in Criminal Justice and Homeland Security programs and for careers in domestic and international security.
Program for criminal justice learning outcomes
The BA program in Criminal Justice and Human Security has the following learning outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate the progressive acquisition of the oral, written critical thinking skills needed to succeed in graduate level study as well as the required skills for careers in domestic and international security
- Students will be able to identify the essential elements of criminal justice
- Students will be able to articulate the importance of Human Security and explore its impact on domestic and international security
- Students will demonstrate the language skills and intercultural understanding required for effective law enforcement in today’s globalized society
- Students will be able to describe the role played by religious, ideological, and cultural views; ethnic and tribal identities; and economic status in rationalizing criminal behavior
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the role played in criminal behavior by socioeconomic inequities and societal injustice, resulting from domestic and non-domestic events
- Students will be able to comment on the role played by non-state actors in areas such as the identification of norms, the acceptability of violence and terrorism in promoting policy changes and in preventing crime
A portfolio is collected to track progress in programmatic outcomes.
Criminal justice careers
- ATF agent
- CIA agent
- Coast Guard officer
- Corrections officer
- Crime scene investigation
- Customs agent
- DEA agent
- FBI agent
- INS agent
- Police officer
- Probation officer
- Secret Service
- U.S. marshal
Career Services at UB
Career Development connects you with career opportunities. Our knowledgeable and skilled career counselors are available to meet with you on a one-on-one basis to assist with resume writing, internship search, job hunting for post-graduation opportunities, and anything else that will help you to land your dream job.