Analytics MS Online
University of Bridgeport's 100% online Analytics MS degree prepares graduates to help businesses make better data-driven business decisions. This STEM-designated program was designed by faculty who are industry professionals and experts in the field, and can be completed in as little as one year.
You will integrate the knowledge and skills gained throughout the Master of Science in Analytics program to enhance critical thinking and data mastery by:
- Demonstrating an understanding of concepts learned throughout this graduate program
- Describing the business drivers and critical success factors for effective analytics project and program delivery
- Using research, tools and techniques for complex analytical solutions that capture, consolidate and present information for meaningful insights
- Communicating complicated information at a professional level via comfort and confidence telling compelling stories using data
- Understanding how to manage all aspects of the data capture, delivery and analysis process
- Demonstrating initiative, discipline, and follow-through on assignments and projects
- Facilitating meaningful dialogue related to class topics
- Evaluating the advantages and disadvantages of analytics solution designs, tools and visualization options
- Analyzing trends within data and facilitating their application
- Applying the theories and techniques learned throughout this program with focus on economics, ethics, finance, marketing, project, sourcing and vendor management
Courses led by business leaders
Our faculty not only hold terminal degrees, but also bring an unparalleled level of real-world experience to the classroom. Drawing on expertise gained in the corporate sector, our professors impart time-tested best practices and deep business acumen to every lecture. By learning from business professionals, you will master methods and practical skills rooted in success.
A word from the Ernest C. Trefz School of Business
“With 26 years of experience delivering technical solutions, I’m acquainted with most aspects of analytics and systems, from both hands-on and managerial perspectives. The ability to bridge between business and technology is crucial; it is a skill that sets candidates apart. Our Analytics MS degree program provides students with minimal technical experience the orientation, exposure to, and comfort with using and interpreting information to fuel fact-based decisions. Students emerge as hybrid business/IT professionals with the dexterity and comfort to glean insights and wisdom from data for positive business results. Nothing pleases me more than when my students return and affirm that the material I taught them made the difference in landing their first job or securing a job change into the analytics and systems field. This experience can’t be duplicated elsewhere.”
Michael Lohle, PhD, PMP
The MS degree in Analytics does not have ASBSP accreditation.