Happy University of Bridgeport Students Outside Wahlstrom Library

Accepted Student Checklist

Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of Bridgeport!

International Students: review the International Student Checklist for tips on obtaining your student visa, arriving to campus, passport check-in and more prior to completing the checklist below.

To apply for financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). UB's school code is 001416. For official filing deadlines, visit

Grad Students: The Grad PLUS loan is available to approved students who wish to increase their financial aid amount. Students are allowed to borrow up to the cost of attendance, which varies program to program.

When available, your financial aid package can be viewed in the myUB student portal (see below).

Confirm your enrollment by submitting your non-refundable tuition deposit by May 1. Deposits can be made online at, by personal check, money order, or by calling (203) 576-4552.

Visit Creating your UBNet ID provides access to the myUB Portal, Canvas, Web Advisor, UB mail (available after registering for classes), financial aid package, your schedule, grades, and university notifications. You will need your student ID number in order to create your UBNet ID. This number is available on your acceptance letter.

Questions? Visit the UBNet Knowledge base.

A signed Financial Aid Award letter should be returned only if you are rejecting or modifying any of the aid in your package. To modify your financial aid package, email with your full name and student ID number indicating the amount of aid you would like to accept for each loan. If you are accepting all the aid, we do not need the award letter back. We will automatically apply all aid to your account.

Student loans will not be applied until you have completed your Entrance Counseling and read and signed your Master Promissory Note (a legal document that you may sign electronically in which you promise to repay your student loans and any accrued interest and fees to your loan holder). This can be done by logging into using your FSA ID. Find more information on how to complete your Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling at

Grad Students: If you will be using a Grad PLUS loan, you must also complete the MPN specific to the Grad PLUS. If your Grad PLUS loan includes a co-signer, you must also complete the PLUS Credit Counseling.

  • DC, PA, and Initial Teacher Certification students will be registered as a cohort by their departments.
  • Sixth Year in Educational Leadership (092 Certification) students will register at new student orientation.
  • All other students should contact their advisor to register for classes. Your advisor's contact information is available in your acceptance letter and in the myUB Portal.

The University of Bridgeport Health Insurance Policy is mandatory for full-time undergraduates, international students, Physician Assistant Students, and all residential students. Students are automatically enrolled in the health insurance plan provided by the University and are billed on their student account.

If a domestic student can show proof of comparable private health insurance, the University insurance may be waived by submitting a waiver form starting July 1. For more information, visit

Your bill must be paid in full or payment arrangements (payment plan/financial aid) must be made 2 weeks prior to the start of classes.

Please remember, if you have taken out loans to cover any portion of your tuition, you must complete your Entrance Counseling and sign your Master Promissory Note (MPN). For more information, visit Those interested in payment plan options should determine the cost of attending the University of Bridgeport for the semester, subtract all net Financial aid received (not including Federal Work-Study), and budget the remaining balance through the interest free payment plan available through the myUB Portal.

Complete and return required Health History Form, including proof of measles, rubella, meningitis and tuberculosis immunizations to the Office of Health Services. While there is no deadline for submission, these forms must be submitted before you may register for classes. Please write your student ID number on all documentation.

View all Health Requirements.

Student Health Services
60 Lafayette Street, Room 119
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Phone: (203) 576-4712
Fax: (203) 576-4715

Health Form A – Mandatory for all Undergraduates, Health Sciences Students, and International Students

Health Form B – School of Professional Studies, Domestic Graduate Students, Not including Health Sciences

Nursing Student Vaccination Record – For Nursing Students

TB Risk Assessment Form – In lieu of the PPD or IGRA requirement, this form can be filled out and submitted.

If you plan to live on campus, submit your $250 housing deposit and complete the Housing License and Meal Contract forms available online through the myUB Portal.

Note: Any student under the age of 21 or who has accumulated less than 90 college-level credits is required to live on campus unless they request and receive approval from the Office of Housing and Residential Life to live off-campus. Read more about housing policies at UB.

The University of Bridgeport’s orientation program provides new first year and transfer students a glimpse of what their life as a Purple Knight will be like. Orientation is designed to assist incoming students in making the transition to the University of Bridgeport. Whether this is your first college experience directly from high school, or you are transferring from another institution, Orientation will help you feel like #UBelong at UB!

Register online at

Grad Students: Many programs have orientations online or in-person in the weeks leading up to the start of classes. Graduate Admissions will notify you if your program will be hosting an orientation.

Incoming freshman students – submit your final official high school transcript.

Incoming Transfer students – submit your final official college transcripts.

Make it Official!

If you plan to live on campus, review our "What to Bring to Campus" list to make sure you don't forget anything!

Pick up your Student ID card and parking pass by visiting Security before the start of classes (not required for online students). Make sure to have a copy of your schedule and your student ID number handy when you visit. Some programs will give you time to complete this during new student orientation.

Grad Students: Submit your final and official transcript(s) and/or other outstanding materials. Each transcript must be an original official transcript with the registrar’s stamp or signature. Scanned, photocopied or uploaded transcripts submitted as part of your application for admission do not fulfill this requirement. Documents must be received no more than 30 days after the start of classes and should be sent to:

University of Bridgeport
Office of Graduate Admissions
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604