The State of Connecticut and the Connecticut Council of Independent Colleges provided institutions with significant guidance for a phased return to on-campus operations. Colleges and universities are empowered to draft their own plans that must comply with regulations at the local, state, and national agency levels. These regulations are in place to safeguard the health of all employees and students. Please read the information below carefully as some policies and procedures have changed for efficiency and safety purposes.
UB Community Vaccination Requirements
Effective March 14, the University of Bridgeport will no longer require weekly COVID-19 testing for those not fully vaccinated or proof of vaccination for those who are fully vaccinated. The Response Team will share any new information on COVID-19 that affects our state or necessitates any changes to this policy.
Thank you again for all your cooperation in keeping our community safe.
Students and faculty who attend clinical rotations outside of University of Bridgeport must abide by the guidelines/requirements of the clinical site.
After considering local and state-level health data, UB has decided to move to a “mask optional” environment for our students, staff, and faculty beginning Monday, March 14, 2022, in all residence halls, student and recreation centers, classrooms, non-clinic offices, and classroom laboratories.
Masks will remain required in the following areas:
- Warner Hall-Health Sciences Building
- Patient treatment rooms and hallways where patient care is delivered
- First floor lobby area
- Student Health Center
Isolation after Positive Test
Any individual who tests positive for COVID-19 must immediately contact Student Health Services or Human Resources as applicable and self-isolate for 5 days from the date of the COVID-19 test or symptoms onset.
Self-isolation may be extended beyond the minimum 5-day period until symptoms have improved and individuals are fever free for 24 hours (1 day) – consistent with CDC guidelines.
Quarantine after Exposure
- Unvaccinated students and University community members who have been exposed to a positive COVID-19 case will enter quarantine for a minimum of 5 days. These individuals will be required to have a negative PCR COVID-19 test no earlier than 5 days from the day of exposure to be released from quarantine.
- If an asymptomatic contact tests negative on or after day 5 in quarantine, this person should continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- Students – Student Health Services (SHS) at (203) 576-4712 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Employees – Human Resources (203) 576-4588 or email@example.com
- University Service Providers – Respective Human Resource Department and University main contact
Any student or University community member with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should be tested as soon as possible. Students with symptoms should contact SHS at (203) 576-4712 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals should observe three feet of physical distance from others, including in student housing, classrooms, and meeting spaces on campus.
See more information on the Student Portal under "Covid-19 Documents."