Doctor of Health Sciences (DHSc) Degree Requirements
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher, or a first professional doctorate from a regionally accredited institution and professionally accredited program of study.
- Healthcare experience, professional credentials, or licensure in a health-related field is preferred. Applicants without health care experience will be evaluated on their potential for success, such as significant leadership in education, health sciences, nutrition, and the clinical environment.
- Official transcripts for the last degree earned.
International transcripts must include an official course-by-course evaluation of all academic work from an accredited academic evaluating service
- Two recommendation letters
- Personal statement
In 500 words or more, detail your reasons for wanting to undertake doctoral studies, your most significant personal and professional accomplishments, the extent to which your personal and professional responsibilities will allow you to devote the necessary time and effort to the program, and a description of your potential dissertation topic.
- Optional: Writing sample
Publications authored by the applicant as first or second author in peer-reviewed publications
- Optional: Interview
An interview may be required at the discretion of the Office of Admissions
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by:
- July 15 for the fall semester
- December 1 for the spring semester
- April 15 for the summer semester