University of Bridgeport uses Handshake, a sophisticated highly-interactive career development platform. With 500,000+ companies hiring on Handshake, it'll be your one-stop-shop for launching your career.
University of Bridgeport utilizes Handshake for around-the-clock recruitment and event registration. Handshake offers employers and recruiters the ability to post jobs and promote their organizations, track applicants, schedule on-campus interviews, and register for career fairs and events. Additionally, Handshake provides expanded recruitment potential for employers to source and connect with top UB talent:
- The capability to manage all your campuses with Handshake at no cost
- The ability to search for qualified UB student and alumni candidates
- A mobile experience, update your job postings, view applicants, and more while on the go using Handshake’s interactive, responsive design
- Create an Account (off-campus employers)
- Post a Job (off-campus employers)
- Post a Job (on-campus employers)
- Request an Interview Schedule
- Manage Applicants
- Register for a Fair
- Virtual Fairs in Handshake: A Guide for Employers
- Handshake FAQs
Registering for an account and submitting a job posting does not guarantee your account or posting will be approved. UB Career Development carefully screen all employers, job, and internship postings to protect our students from employment and internship scams.
Please note, UB makes no representations or guarantees regarding any individual applicant’s integrity, safety, confidentiality, fitness, or competence for employment. It is the responsibility of the employer to interview, check requirements, references and/or perform background checks on any individual hired. Employers shall collect any needed information, ensure compliance with state and federal tax laws and provide any insurance needed.
By registering for a UB Handshake account and submitting your job posting, you acknowledge and agree to this Disclaimer.
If you have questions, please contact UB Career Development by emailing email@example.com.
Handshake is a user-friendly computer and mobile platform that makes job recommendations based on your interests, major, and skills. New features include the ability to:
- Get employer alerts – Favorite employers and get notified when they’ve posted opportunities or will be at an event or on campus
- Get job notifications – Favorite jobs to prioritize applications and never miss a deadline.
- Connect with employers – schedule interviews and talk with employers during our internship and fair
Look for your next opportunity on Handshake! To get started, follow these steps:
- Login to UB Handshake using your UB ID and password
- If you have one, upload your resume! If you don’t yet or you want to update it, make a career coaching appointment with UB Career Development
- Fill out your profile! Students with a completed profile are 3x more likely to be messaged by recruiters so this is an important step!
- Explore jobs and follow employers you're interested in.
Alumni – to access Handshake, you can create an account on the main Handshake login page using your personal email address. Select the “Login” at the top right corner. Please allow UB Career Development up to 48 business hours to approve your account.
The University of Bridgeport (UB) is unable to verify the integrity and workplace environment of every employer (individual or organization) or position posted on this site. UB acts as a posting resource and makes no specific representations or guarantees of any employer or opportunity. Further, UB accepts no responsibility or liability for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of off-campus employment; all such employment arrangements are at the user’s sole risk. Students/applicants are urged to use their own discretion and exercise good judgment, caution and common sense when applying, interviewing or following up on a position or inquiry for employment. This includes reviewing the company website for a career page and being aware of missing/inconsistent, or misspelled information, or requests for personal financial information, or payment to apply, or payment in advance of work. For additional information regarding job search safety, please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams.
Please note: The University of Bridgeport Career Development Office does not give your UB e-mail address or contact information directly to outside entities. However, if you have opted in on Handshake for your resume or other aspects of your profile to be visible to employers, then employers will be able to contact you directly from the information provided. With that in mind and in an abundance of caution, you may not want to list your physical address on your resume.
Questions or Concerns: Please refer to the Handshake Help Center with general support or technical questions. We encourage anyone who discovers misuse or abuse of our website, job posting system, or other resources to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.