Utilizing Veteran Benefits

Getting started

  • Apply for VA Education benefits by logging on to va.gov. On the first page you will see four blocks of categories of VA services. Select “Apply for education benefits” in the “Education” block. This will take you to a page of instructions and information on the application process.
  • In the middle of the page, select the green bar titled, Find your education benefits form.” After answering a series of questions you will be directed to VA Form 22-1990.
  • Complete VA Form 22-1990
  • Once approved, the VA will provide you with your Certificate of Eligibility (COE), which will state which benefits you qualify for and the length of time you have before they expire.
  • Submit the UB Veteran’s Affairs Certification Request form.
  • Access the form at UB Portal > Online Services > Forms > Registrar’s Forms: Veterans affairs certification request form
  • Complete the form and submit a PDF copy of the following documents.
    • Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
    • DD Form 214 - To verify a Serviceperson’s discharge, if applicable.
  • Each semester, submit VA Certification Request to SCO


UB Student Financial Services

Wahlstrom Library, G-Level
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604

Laura Greco
VA Certifying Official
  • Phone203-576-4396
  • Fax203-576-4633
  • Email
  • Email

UB Student Affairs

John J. Cox Student Center, Room 116
244 University Ave
Bridgeport, CT 06604

Craig S. Lennon
Dean of Students
  • Phone203-576-4392
  • Email


Mr. J. Michael Robertson
Recruiting Operations Officer
  • Phone203-931-2930
  • Email