Academic Credit from College/University Sponsored Instruction

You should apply at least two weeks in advance of the start date of the term you plan to begin your studies. This will enable you to receive a timely evaluation of your transfer credits, appropriate academic advisement and program planning.

  1. If you have completed at least 30 credits of college level study you are eligible to apply to the Accelerated Degree Completion program.
  2. You are required to complete your last thirty semester hours at University of Bridgeport and meet course requirements as described in each program to be eligible for a degree. A maximum of 66 credits may be awarded from two-year colleges and 90 credits from accredited four-year institutions.
  3. You must have earned at least a “C” average (2.0 GPA) for all work attempted and be in good academic standing at the previously attended institution to be considered for regular admission.
  4. All courses taken at the previously institution must be 100 level or higher to transfer over.
  5. Your acceptance is contingent upon the receipt of all final official transcripts.

Articulation agreements

University of Bridgeport currently maintains articulation (transfer) agreements, which outline the courses students should take in order to complete an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, with the following institutions:

  • Gateway Community College
  • Housatonic Community College
  • Norwalk Community College
  • Middlesex Community College
  • Quinebaug Community College
  • Capital Community College

Academic credit from non-university sponsored instruction

The following are four categories of assessment from which University of Bridgeport (UB) academic credit is awarded for prior learning earned in non-university sponsored instruction.

Contact Admissions

Request More Information