Did you know that Business Administration degrees dominate the list of most in-demand majors? Or, that a business administration career has the highest salary potential with only a bachelor’s degree? How about the fact that a Bachelor’s of Business Administration online ranks as the top online degree today, because of the many specialization options available?
It is for these reasons (and more) that majoring in business administration is a great choice for students. This path “prepares you for a wide range of high-paying careers with above average growth prospects,” according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
A Bachelor’s of Business Administration prepares students for many career options with growth rates remaining high and new career opportunities added every year. As such, there is a high likelihood of job satisfaction due to the variety of career options available upon earning a degree in this field.
Let’s explore what it looks like to earn a Bachelor’s of Business Administration online and the exciting career opportunities this major can provide.
What is a Bachelor’s of Business Administration online?
A Bachelor’s of Business Administration provides an in-depth study of the fundamentals of how businesses operate. It offers a competitive edge over other business degrees because of its broad spectrum of business education and ability to prepare you for an in-demand career in a variety of work environments.
Typically, this degree requires 120 credit hours. At University of Bridgeport, our online-accelerated Business Administration degree provides a broad application of business knowledge while allowing students to fulfill both their personal and professional goals. The program is offered entirely online for optimal flexibility.
Students can study a variety of topics including:
- Project management
- Human resource management
Our online Business Administration degree program prepares students for the workforce by focusing on skills employers demand including critical thinking, problem-solving, leadership, communications, and management.
What career path can I take after earning my Bachelor’s in Business Administration?
An online degree in Business Administration opens doors in a variety of fields with above-average growth and openings for graduates in almost every marketplace.
Graduates with Business Administration degrees find jobs in healthcare management, business management, finance, accounting, and marketing in a variety of growing fields such as:
- Management Analysis: 14% growth
- Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate: 4% growth
- Fundraising: 16% growth
- Personal Financial Advice: 5% growth
- Market Research Analysis: 22% growth
Rest assured that with these projections, careers in the business industry will only keep emerging.
What level of job satisfaction can I expect after graduation?
Job satisfaction is one of the primary reasons employees stay in their current roles. If you don’t enjoy going to work every day, you are less likely to stay in that job or with that company.
Employees in the business industry are no different. According to Entrepreneur, business professionals qualify their satisfaction based on how much money they make and how engaged they are with their job. And it makes sense that the better these areas are, the more satisfied the employee is with their job.
Here are some examples of common, business-related jobs with high satisfaction rates:
- Accounting. Tax professionals stay busy year-round which allows them to make a financial impact during the first quarter of the year and beyond, while also keeping a great work-life balance. Monster even lists tax consulting and auditing as the top industry for job satisfaction.
- Marketing. Marketing managers coordinate and direct strategies, manage internal teams, and oversee customer communication. Brand managers and marketing managers ranked seventh and thirteenth, respectively, in Glassdoor’s report of the top 20 careers with the most job satisfaction.
- IT. IT professionals work in big and small organizations across nearly every industry. In Campus Technology’s 2017 survey of IT professionals, more than 70 percent of respondents reported being satisfied or highly satisfied at work, including a 77 percent satisfaction rate with their coworkers and equipment and a 76 percent satisfaction rate with their physical comfort.
What salary can I expect with a Bachelor’s of Business Administration online degree?
One of the key components in determining if a business administration major is a wise investment is the projected salaries.
On average, a business professional with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration online can expect to earn a salary well above the national average.
Some annual median salaries in the business administration field include:
- Personal Financial Advisor: $89,330
- Budget Analyst: $78,970
- Logisticians: $76,270
- Insurance Underwriter: $71,790
- Fundraiser: $59,610
With potential salaries at nearly double the national average, a Business Administration degree is an astute financial decision.
It is evident that a Bachelor’s of Business Administration online degree will prepare you to effectively handle business theory and management principles in a professional manner across a variety of industries. Work satisfaction also remains steady across the many business roles and career paths. Not to mention the above-average income and stability that this degree can bring.
It is for these reasons and more that choosing to enroll in an accelerated Business Administration online degree program is an excellent choice. Learn more about our program at UB here.