Dynamic and Dedicated
Welcome to Residential Life at the University of Bridgeport!
Living on campus is an important part of the overall experience and development of students at the university. Our residence halls are not just places for students to sleep, but are vibrant communities where students are ENGAGED as active members of the campus, EDUCATED on topics directly related to their success and EMPOWERED with the critical thinking skills that will help in their transformation into a responsible and active member of a global community.
Our residence halls are dynamic and diverse environments with students from throughout the country and all over the world! Our dedicated staff is committed to supporting your academic pursuits, personal growth, and respect for the diverse residential community of the University of Bridgeport.
We work with students, faculty, and staff to plan and implement programs and social activities to enhance your experience as a member of the campus community and create an atmosphere where you cultivate positive life-long relationships and connections with other students, the faculty, and staff of the University of Bridgeport.
We wish you all the best during your time at the University of Bridgeport and WELCOME to Residential Life at UB!
Oct 09th 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Oct 10th 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Oct 11th 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
University of Bridgeport Campus
Come show your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, students, families, faculty, staff and friends of UB are all invited to come to campus for Welcome Back Weekend 2015! Reconnect with old friends and rediscover the University of Bridgeport by attending one of many great events throughout the weekend!
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events – See below for details or Download PDF
Friday, October 9
Saturday, October 10
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Campus Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 11:00 a.m. There and Back Again – Res Life at UB
- 11:00 a.m. Veterans Dedication
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. UBCC Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. RA Reunion Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus Tours
- 1:00 p.m. RA and Mentee Mixer
- 1:00 p.m. Engineering Carnival
- 1:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses
- 2:00 p.m. “Unknown Soldier: Searching for a Father” Screening
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 3:00 p.m. Tours of UBCC Facilities
- 3:00 p.m. KORT & SCBOD Alumni Hang-Out
- 4:00 p.m. Compass Floor Ribbon Cutting
- 4:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 4:00 p.m. Greek Life Mixer
- 6:00 p.m. Alumni Happy Hour
- 6:00 p.m. UBCC Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 7:00 p.m. Evening Entertainment
- 8:00 p.m. 80’s Alumni Reunion
Sunday, October 11
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Gospel Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 1:00 p.m. Fall Ball Tournament
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Welcome Back Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 9/25/15. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Welcome Back Weekend UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- The Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $119 room rate will be offered until 9/18/15. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport room block
On Saturday, October 10, the University of Bridgeport shuttle will be making stops between campus, the Bridgeport train station, and the Holiday Inn downtown between 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., and adding in a stop at Murphy’s Law beginning at 5:30 p.m. All shuttle services will conclude at 11 p.m. that evening.
- Amici Miei Café
957 Main St, Bridgeport, CT 06604
15% discount for Oct 9-11
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 540-5360
- Two Boots
281 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06604
15% discount for Oct 9-11
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 331-1377
- Metric Bar and Grill
39 Cannon St, Bridgeport, CT 06604
10% discount for party of 6 or more
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 576-6903
- Barnum Publick House
1020 Broad St, Bridgeport, CT 06604
10% discount for Oct 9-11
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 690-1044
- Testo’s Restaurant & Catering
1775 Madison Ave, Bridgeport, CT 0660
10% off Oct 9/10 (closed Sundays)
Tours of the full campus will be given, as well as special tours focusing on UB’s residence halls. Join our student ambassadors and volunteers as they introduce you to the UB grounds, or bring you back to your days living on campus!
Tours will begin at the Ped Mall clock at 10:00am and 1:00pm.
Join the Dean of Students and the Director of Residential Life and Student Conduct as they discuss campus life at UB today, as well as news about our latest residence hall, to be built by fall of 2016.
Reconnect with fellow former RAs at this casual BBQ lunch!