The Key to UB is our student* handbook. The handbook is intended to acquaint you with the University to better understand our philosophy, goals, policies, and procedures. It is an important reference book for students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
*Please note that students enrolled in the Acupuncture and Physician Assistant Institutes, Colleges of Naturopathic Medicine and Chiropractic, and School of Nursing should refer to both their respective program handbooks as well as the Key to UB.
The University of Bridgeport takes the privacy of student information seriously. The following information relates to the rights students enjoy regarding their educational records. For more detailed information regarding FERPA, please see the University of Bridgeport catalog and the Key to UB student handbook.
The University of Bridgeport prohibits discrimination in admissions, educational programs and services, and employment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status and any other basis protected by law. The University is committed to preventing or eliminating all forms of gender-based discrimination in its education programs or activities in accordance with its commitment to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.
For questions regarding Title IX, please contact:
The U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: (617) 289-0111, Fax: (617) 289-0150, TDD: (800) 877-8339, or email: email@example.com.
- Policy on Sexual Violence and Harassment (pp. 1-12)
- Equity Resolution Process for Students (pp. 14-22)
- Equity Resolution Process for Employees (pp. 25-32)
- Annual Fire Safety and Security Report View Report
- Institutional policy for compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) View Policy
- Voter registration information. The University has voter registration cards (in English and Spanish) at the Registrar’s Office and Student Services Offices. View Forms
- Institutional policies and sanctions related to copyright infringement (effective 8/14/08); View Policies
- Institutional policies regarding vaccinations (effective 8/14/08) View Policies
- Graduation or completion rates and transfer-out rates of the school’s undergraduate student athletes, if applicable Download PDF
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (Report on Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data), if applicable Visit Website
- Student body diversity including gender, Pell Grant recipient, and self-identified race or ethnic group, if applicable (effective 8/14/08) Visit Website
- Placement in employment of, and types of employment obtained by, graduates of the institution’s degree or certificate programs (effective 8/14/08) Visit Website
- Types of graduate and professional education in which graduates were enrolled, if applicable (effective 8/14/08) Visit Website
- Retention rates of certificate- or degree-seeking, first-time, full-time, undergraduate students (effective 8/14/08) Visit Website