UB Student Life
Vibrant. Diverse. Global. Transformative.
The campus community at the University of Bridgeport embraces and celebrates the uniqueness of our student body. At our international, diverse campus, you’ll be prepared to become engaged and responsible leaders, ready for the new global world we live in.
Your development will be encouraged by caring staff and faculty who will guide you through your journey. Here, learning takes place in and out of the classroom. You will be encouraged to acquire new information and skills, form new attitudes, insights, and understanding yourself and the world around you.
Student life at UB is engaging, exciting, and fun. With more than 50 active student clubs and organizations, it’s hard not to be involved on campus. Our campus has something to offer everyone.
Join or start a club, play an intramural sport, run for student government. Participate in and plan new campus activities. Jog next to the ocean at Seaside Park. Grab a coffee in the Knights End Cafe, or meet up with your friends for a pick-up game of basketball. The choices are endless for involvement in campus life at UB.
Fax: (203) 576-4394
Celebrate your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, current students, families, faculty, staff, and friends of the University of Bridgeport
are invited to join us for a weekend full of fun social, academic, and athletic events!
Stay tuned for updates or follow us at Facebook.com/UBridgeport!
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Take advantage of a special $5 off early bird rate now through August 31, 2016!
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 14
- 6:00 p.m. Pep Rally
Saturday, October 15
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival/Greek Row
- 10:00 a.m. Campus and Residence Hall Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Engineering Carnival
- 11:00 a.m. College of Chiropractic Facilities Tours
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon with the Dean of Students
- 12:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus and Residence Hall Tours
- 1:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 6:00 p.m. College of Chiropractic Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 8:00 p.m. Young Alumni Black Rock Bash
Sunday, October 16
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Sunday Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 11:00 a.m. Music Alumni Brunch
- 1:00 p.m. Alumni Jam Session
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
More information: Homecoming@Bridgeport.edu
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Homecoming Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 10/1/16. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Homecoming Weekend at UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $124 room rate will be offered until 9/23/16. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport Homecoming Weekend room block or make a reservation online (discount rate is applied automatically).
The UB Shuttle will be making continuous loops from the Bridgeport Holiday Inn to and from the UB campus on Saturday, October 15 from 10am-10pm. Also on Saturday, from 7:30pm-10:00pm, there will be an added stop at the Crafty Monk on Fairfield Ave. to transport attendees to the Young Alumni Black Rock Bash!
Come out and support your UB Purple Knights at a Pep Rally to kick off Homecoming Weekend 2016!
Enjoy continental breakfast in the Arnold Room of Hubbell gym at 8:00am. Scrimmage and socialize with fellow UB soccer alumni at this casual reunion event, then stay for the BBQ lunch to tailgate the men’s and women’s soccer games!
Register, pick up your schedule, campus map, and lanyard for the weekend. Also enjoy a lovely continental breakfast to start your day!
Tours of the full campus will be given, as well as a special tour focusing on UB’s res halls. Join our student ambassadors and volunteers as they introduce you to the UB grounds, or bring you back to your days living on campus! Meet at the Ped Mall clock at 10am and 1pm for tours.