Vibrant. Diverse. Global. Transformative.
The campus community at the University of Bridgeport embraces and celebrates the uniqueness of our student body. At our international, diverse campus, you’ll be prepared to become engaged and responsible leaders, ready for the new global world we live in.
Your development will be encouraged by caring staff and faculty who will guide you through your journey. Here, learning takes place in and out of the classroom. You will be encouraged to acquire new information and skills, form new attitudes, insights, and understanding yourself and the world around you.
Student life at UB is engaging, exciting, and fun. With more than 50 active student clubs and organizations, it’s hard not to be involved on campus. Our campus has something to offer everyone.
Join or start a club, play an intramural sport, run for student government. Participate in and plan new campus activities. Jog next to the ocean at Seaside Park. Grab a coffee in the Knights End Cafe, or meet up with your friends for a pick-up game of basketball. The choices are endless for involvement in campus life at UB.
Fax: (203) 576-4394
Oct 09th 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Oct 10th 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Oct 11th 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
University of Bridgeport Campus
Come show your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, students, families, faculty, staff and friends of UB are all invited to come to campus for Welcome Back Weekend 2015! Reconnect with old friends and rediscover the University of Bridgeport by attending one of many great events throughout the weekend!
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events – See below for details or Download PDF
Friday, October 9
Saturday, October 10
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Campus Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 11:00 a.m. There and Back Again – Res Life at UB
- 11:00 a.m. Veterans Dedication
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. UBCC Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. RA Reunion Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus Tours
- 1:00 p.m. RA and Mentee Mixer
- 1:00 p.m. Engineering Carnival
- 1:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses (TBA)
- 2:00 p.m. “Unknown Soldier: Searching for a Father” Screening
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 3:00 p.m. Tours of UBCC Facilities
- 3:00 p.m. KORT & SCBOD Alumni Hang-Out
- 4:00 p.m. Compass Floor Ribbon Cutting
- 4:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 4:00 p.m. Greek Life Mixer
- 6:00 p.m. Alumni Happy Hour
- 6:00 p.m. UBCC Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 7:00 p.m. Evening Entertainment
- 8:00 p.m. 80’s Alumni Reunion
Sunday, October 11
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Gospel Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 1:00 p.m. Fall Ball Tournament
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Welcome Back Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 9/25/15. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Welcome Back Weekend UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- The Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $119 room rate will be offered until 9/18/15. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport room block
Bring your family and enjoy a fun-filled Harvest Festival! There will be plenty of activities for children, and you can also learn about many of the fantastic clubs and organizations that UB has to offer.
Campus Activities presents a fun-filled and family-friendly evening performance by Orquesta Afinke in ABC’s Littlefield Recital Hall!
Led by Tito Planas ’94, ’95 and ’07, Orquesta Afinke is a latin music group featuring a dynamic percussion, a swinging rhythm section, and harmonic bass sounds. Their music repertoire includes salsa, merengue, cumbia, bolero and more!
Res Hall teams battle it out in this friendly Fall Ball competition for bragging rights!