Student Financial Services Updates for the 2016-17 Academic Year
For the upcoming year, Student Financial Services (SFS) has made a number of changes to streamline your Financial Aid process.
Updates and Self-Service Changes in the Portal:
- Accept or decline your Financial Aid Awards by visiting WebAdvisor and clicking on “Financial Aid Self Service” and “My Awards”
- Enroll in interest-free Payment Plans through the University for a fee of $50 a semester
- Complete the Student Enrollment and Financial Responsibility Agreement Form
- Provide Third Party Access to Financial Information by accessing “Financial Information,” “View Account” and “Authorized Users”
- Sign up for Direct Deposit for Refunds! Effective June 1, 2016, refunds will no longer go through Purple Knight/Higher One cards. Sign up for direct deposit in the UB Portal under “Financial Information,” “View Account” and “eRefunds” button. If the direct deposit option is not selected, a refund check will be mailed to the student at the address on file. There is no pick up option.
Use Financial Aid for your textbooks!
In lieu of a cash advance, you can now go directly to the UB Bookstore with your ID and Schedule and purchase your books using your Financial Aid. You do not have to complete a cash advance for this new process.
To be eligible to use Financial Aid to purchase books you must:
- Have a credit balance (refund due) of $750 or greater after your financial aid has been applied.
- Complete your Entrance Loan Counseling and signed your Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- If selected for verification, complete and wait for approval from Student Financial Services before purchasing books directly from the UB Bookstore using your financial aid.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Throughout our history, we have established a firm belief that the high-quality and personalized experience promised at the University of Bridgeport should never be out of reach for anyone. In fact, approximately 96 percent of our students receive financial assistance in the form of student loans, scholarships, grants, and work-study programs. We will connect you with more than 35 scholarship providers, some of which include FastWeb, The American Association of University Women, Capital Scholarship Program, and The Sallie Mae Fund.