Electrical Engineering (B.S.) Degree
Electrical Engineering B.S. Overview
Electrical Engineering is the basis of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and Biomedical Engineering. We tend to be excited by the breakthroughs in smart phones, iPads/minicomputer, improved medical machinery, GPS, and a host of other gadgets that make our modern life more exciting and more comfortable. Electrical Engineering is the field that gives us the applied science to build all of these gadgets. It is also the field from which the knowledge will come for the creation of new gadgets and for the improvement of present-day machinery.
Since it is a universal degree, the BSEE graduate is flexible – the graduate can bend their talents to satisfy the needs of ever-changing technology. This promotes job security for the graduate, and it feeds the appetite of an advancing society. The graduate of this program will obtain the basic education in the first three years. The last year is utilized to explore specific areas of interest. Our graduates will have expertise in at least one sub-field of Electrical Engineering such as electricity, machines/controllers, energy/power, signals/communications, materials, and electronic device analysis. A total of 120 semester hours are required to complete the degree.
Program Educational Objectives:
Within 3-5 years of graduation, the graduates of the department of EE at The University of Bridgeport are expected to:
- Demonstrate peer-recognized expertise and problem solving skills providing solutions to the problems in industry, academia as well as other disciplines in the field they choose to pursue
- Demonstrate the capacity to embrace new opportunities and adapt to changes in emerging technologies , developing future state-of-the art designs and product
- Demonstrate leadership skills and facilitate the achievement of others while collaborating with professionals in a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrate life-long learning and adaptation to a continuously changing field through graduate work, professional development, and self-study
- Demonstrate their creative and critical reasoning skills while solving technical problems, ethically and responsibly, in service to society
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
During the event, admitted students will be able to:
• Connect with faculty and current graduate students
• Meet other accepted graduate students
• Finalize their enrollment at the University of Bridgeport
To RSVP, please email email@example.com or call 203-576-4552.
Join us for this family-friendly and engaging engineering carnival that will feature robots on display! Our award-winning School of Engineering students showcase their talents and provide interactive activities for children of all ages!