Ernest C. Trefz School of Business
The University of Bridgeport’s Ernest C. Trefz School of Business offers seven undergraduate majors and nine graduate concentrations, a wide range of choices to fit your educational requirements, and the ability to customize your program to fit your specific career goals.
Our teaching-oriented professors with extensive business experience will provide you with individual attention in small classes, where you will learn the concepts necessary for you to think critically and creatively, as well as the hands-on skills and knowledge desired by business.
We understand that for you to be successful across time, you will need to adapt to new careers and new circumstances. Consequently, we emphasize learning how to learn throughout our programs.
Please examine the various majors and concentrations, and the opportunities and requirements of each program, to see which satisfy your interests and the direction of your business career.
- Accounting (B.S.)
- Business Administration (B.S.)
- Business Administration (A.A.)
- Finance (B.S.)
- International Business (B.S.)
- Management & Industrial Relations (B.S.)
- Marketing (B.S.)
All degree programs in the Ernest C. Trefz School of Business are licensed and accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Higher Education and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). In addition, the School of Business undergraduate and graduate programs are professionally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
* ACBSP accreditation does not include AA degree in Business Administration
For more information about the business programs, call 203-576-4384
To enroll, contact Admissions at 203-576-4552 or email@example.com
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
Rob Kelly ’89 presents “The 7 Secret Skills I Wish I Knew Earlier”
- 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. Refreshments
- 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Presentation
- 7:00 – 7:30 p.m. Q&A, Networking
This free event is open to all UB students, faculty, and staff. Guests are warmly welcomed.
Effective fundraising for your start-up: best practices in crowdfunding, venture capital, and family financing.
- Elena Cahill, Senior Lecturer
- Ron Paliwoda, President, The Paliwoda Group
- Mark Nowotarski, Principal, Markets, Patents & Alliances
5:30 – 6:00 p.m. – Wine and Cheese
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Program and Q&A
7:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Networking
Free to attend. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-576-4151
Oct 09th 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Oct 10th 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
Oct 11th 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
University of Bridgeport Campus
Come show your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, students, families, faculty, staff and friends of UB are all invited to come to campus for Welcome Back Weekend 2015! Reconnect with old friends and rediscover the University of Bridgeport by attending one of many great events throughout the weekend!
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Take advantage of a special $5 off early bird rate now through August 31, 2015!
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events – See below for details or Download PDF
Friday, October 9
Saturday, October 10
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Campus Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 11:00 a.m. There and Back Again – Res Life at UB
- 11:00 a.m. Veterans Dedication
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. UBCC Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. RA Reunion Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus Tours
- 1:00 p.m. RA and Mentee Mixer
- 1:00 p.m. Engineering Carnival
- 1:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses (TBA)
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 3:00 p.m. Tours of UBCC Facilities
- 3:00 p.m. KORT & SCBOD Alumni Hang-Out
- 4:00 p.m. Compass Floor Ribbon Cutting
- 4:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 4:00 p.m. Greek Life Mixer
- 6:00 p.m. Alumni Happy Hour
- 6:00 p.m. UBCC Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 7:00 p.m. Evening Entertainment
- 8:00 p.m. 80’s Alumni Reunion
Sunday, October 11
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Gospel Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 1:00 p.m. Fall Ball Tournament
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Welcome Back Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 9/25/15. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Welcome Back Weekend UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- The Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $119 room rate will be offered until 9/18/15. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport room block