The Technology Management Master's Program is designed to develop leaders adept at managing technological change, and skilled in establishing and maintaining superior competitive advantage for their respective enterprises or for new ventures. For an enterprise, continuing advancement of technology provides both opportunities and threats. It is essential that an enterprise continually develops, sources and/or applies, the latest relevant technology in products, services, and systems in support of the key business functions and processes such as R&D, marketing, sales, customer service engineering, manufacturing, operations, finance, accounting, distribution, information technology, business analytics and others. The UB Technology Management Program is specifically designed to develop skills and competencies such as:
- Identifying and evaluating the impact of rapidly changing technology and managing those changes.
- Designing programs to identify, develop and implement innovative technological based solutions for enterprises.
- Managing the effective planning and execution of those technology based initiatives and the integration of their results into the mainstream of an enterprises' strategy, processes and operations.
- The application of technology to create wealth by developing new products and launching new businesses.
- Leadership, the creation and sustenance of high-performance global teams and enabling innovation.
Customized study plans to allow acquiring the Technology Management M.S. degree while pursuing either the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering or the Ed.D. degree in Education are available. Doctoral students in these two programs should consult their respective doctoral advisors to work on their individualized plans.
Please refer to the General Admissions Information for general admission requirements.
The Department offers, as an integral part of the Technology Management Masters Degree, the opportunity to specialize in a number of concentrations, which are interdisciplinary and available through various departments to provide more educational and career choices and flexibility for the students:
Please refer to the Graduate Studies Division Catalog for course details of the concentration areas.
The M.S. in Technology Management Program has been accredited by the International Association of Management of Technology (IAMOT). IAMOT is seeking CHEA approval.