MBA with Accounting
The MBA with Accounting delivers the knowledge and skills necessary to measure, analyze, interpret and communicate economic data. You will acquire a solid foundation of accounting principles, real-world tools and aptitude to excel in a business career. Our focus on broad-based business cognizance will enable you to integrate accounting practices to achieve strategic goals.
Summary of Requirements
MBA Program Curriculum (total of 30 credits)
The MBA program is made up of three course components: Core, Concentration, and Capstone:
Core Courses (15 credits)
In the five Core courses you will apply the theory from the foundation coursework through cases and real-world exercises.
- ACCT 505: Managerial & Cost Accounting (3 credits)
- FIN 505: Advanced Financial Management & Policy (3 credits)
- ITKM 505: Information Systems & Knowledge Management (3 credits)
- MGMT 505: Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
- MKTG 505: Marketing & Branding (3 credits)
Concentration Courses (9 credits)
Course options include (select three):
- ACCT 510: Intermediate Accounting (3 credits)
- ACCT 520: Auditing (3 credits)
- ACCT 530: Personal Taxation (3 credits)
- ACCT 535: Business Entity Taxation (3 credits)
- ACCT 540: Advanced Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- ACCT 545: Financial Reporting & Analysis (3 credits)
- ACCT 555: Advanced Auditing (3 credits)*
- ACCT 556: Accounting Regulations (3 credits)*
- ACCT 557: Business Environment & Concepts for Accountants (3 credits)*
- ACCT 558: Advanced Financial Accounting & Reporting (3 credits)*
- ACCT 560: International Accounting (3 credits)
*Registration for these courses requires approval by the accounting chair and program director.
Capstone Courses (6 credits)
- BUCP 597: Policy & Strategy (3 credits)
Experiential Course (select one)
- MGMT 582: Business Planning (3 credits)
- BUCP 598: Thesis (3 credits)
- BUCP 599: Internship (3 credits)
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
During the event, admitted students will be able to:
• Connect with faculty and current graduate students
• Meet other accepted graduate students
• Finalize their enrollment at the University of Bridgeport
To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-576-4552.