The University of Bridgeport provides a well respected Educational Leadership Preparation Program leading to certification as an intermediate administrator (092) in the state of Connecticut. The program is available at all three UB locations, Bridgeport, Stamford and Waterbury.
The Intermediate Administrator or Supervisor Certification Program is designed to provide practical preparation for administrative positions in schools up to, and including, the assistant superintendent position. All state of Connecticut requirements for Administrative certification are met by completion of this program. The Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) Standards comprise the basis of all course work.
6th Year Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS)
Students may take additional required courses leading to a 6th year degree in Educational Leadership
Each meets one evening a week for two hours. Classes begin at 4pm and 6 pm. Students are able to take two classes per evening. There is an accelerated schedule for summer courses.
The Education Leadership Faculty are experienced school administrators who bring to the classroom a combination of leadership experience and scholarship/research.
- Psychological, pedagogical (teaching styles, learning styles, human growth and development, or tests and measurements) (EDLD 621)
- Program Monitoring or Workshop in Curriculum Development (EDLD 651/EDLD 551)
- School Administration Leadership (EDLD 613)
- Public School Finance (EDLD 618)
- School Law (EDLD 619)
- Personnel Evaluation and Supervision (staff development, human relations, current practices (EDLD 652)
- Introduction to Educational Leadership (EDLD 601)
- Students with Exceptionalities, Administrative (EDLD 564)- Students who hold certification in one of the Pupil Personnel Fields ( Psychologist, Social Worker, Special Education, Speech Pathology etc.) and are functioning in that capacity may request exemption from this course.
- Connecticut Administrators Test (CAT)
- Administrative Internship (EDLD 681)