The Master of Arts in Global Development & Peace has the following learning outcomes:
- Students will be able to explain and compare the major extant models for socioeconomic development
- Students will demonstrate that they have acquired the quantitative and qualitative research skills needed to undertake effective planning, analysis and implementation of projects related to socioeconomic development or conflict resolution.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the institutional prerequisites for good governance in developing countries
- Students will demonstrate an appreciation of the impact that religion and culture can have on socioeconomic development
- Students will demonstrate the basic skills needed for effective communication and negotiation.
- Students will demonstrate skills needed in problem solving and in project management through an overseas internship
- Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of a second language in addition to English.
*Note for all academic programs in the College of Public and International Affairs, a portfolio is collected to track progress in programmatic outcomes