Global Development and Peace (M.A.) Degree
The College of Public and International Affairs Master of Arts in Global Development is a two-year Masters program (five semesters including a required three-semester hour internship in the summer after the first academic year of graduate study) designed to prepare future civil servants and business professionals for careers in global development, conflict transformation, and other human security-related fields. Students can focus on one of four areas of study:
- Conflict Resolution and negotiation for students interested in conflict management and transformation.
- International Political Economy and Development for students interested in international development.
- Global Management for students with an interest in international business.
- Global Communications for students interested in a career as a media representative or media analyst or a career in public diplomacy.
Students will be expected to have or to develop a basic working knowledge of one world language.
Students will spend a minimum of two months in an overseas internship. The program can be completed in two years including a summer semester for completion of the internship. For more info, please see the Master’s Program fact sheet (PDF) and the Program brochure.
*The University of Bridgeport holds NGO status with the United Nations Department of Public Information and is also part of the United Nations Academic Impact Initiative.
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
The University of Bridgeport will be celebrating its 106th Commencement Ceremony in May. Conferral of Degrees for the undergraduate and graduate candidates from the School of Arts and Sciences, Ernest C. Trefz School of Business, School of Education, School of Engineering, Shintaro Akatsu School of Design, College of Public and International Affairs, Physicians Assistant Institute and undergraduates in the Fones School of Dental Hygiene Degrees will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in the Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard, 600 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT.
This venue will enable everyone to graduate together with family and friends present (rain or shine) and allow for wonderful photo opportunities (thanks to the tiered seating).
During the event, admitted students will be able to:
• Connect with faculty and current graduate students
• Meet other accepted graduate students
• Finalize their enrollment at the University of Bridgeport
To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-576-4552.
Learn more about UB’s many academic and student focused departments, as they open their doors to visitors from 2:00-4:00pm.
College of Public & International Affairs