Practice your skills in the field
The concentrated practicum is 75 hours and decided among the course instructor, student, and practicum site. The work activities are structured based on student interest and decided learning outcomes. The practicum site facilitator and the course instructor decide on the appropriate evaluation mechanism for the student. Agreements are made between the practicum site and the Fones School of Dental Hygiene.
University of Bridgeport’s Fones School of Dental Hygiene has over 100 facilities currently utilized for the B.S. Degree in Dental Hygiene internship course requirement. New sites are added each year. The master’s degree program utilizes these facilities and accepts others as student interest and geographical locations increase.
Areas of Focus
Students pursue their concentrated practicum in the setting that aligns best with their goals, such as:
- Student teaching in clinical, laboratory, and didactic settings
- Public health
Field Site Opportunities
Students are able to take advantage of field site agreements with a continuously expanding set of schools, including:
- NHTI Concord’s Community College
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- College of DuPage, Illinois
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Join us to learn more about how you can become part of UB’s inaugural Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) class!
- Meet our esteemed School of Nursing faculty
- Learn about the program and admissions requirements
- Tour our new state-of-the-art Nursing Skills and Simulation Center and UB’s seaside campus
To register, click on the date below that works best for you:
Morning Information Sessions:
- Friday, October 07, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, November 04, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, December 02, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, January 06, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, September 23, 2016 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 18, 2016 at 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 20, 2017 at 2:30 p.m.
Late Afternoon Information Sessions:
Join us on campus for an inside look at our Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND) program!
Prospective students are invited to come to campus for an admissions presentation, campus tour, and classroom observation. Bring your unofficial transcripts for a complementary prerequisite evaluation!
Click on the date below to register for the session that best fits your schedule:
Learn about all of the great changes and improvements to the UB Chiropractic facilities on these special tours, meeting at the Ped Mall clock.
Join fellow UBCC alumni, as well as faculty and staff, for a mid-day luncheon.
Earn continuing education credits during two lectures (speakers TBA).