Computer Engineering (M.S.)
MS Computer Engineering Program Details
The Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering is a course of study intended to prepare individuals whose undergraduate background is in computer or electrical engineering for advanced professional work in the field and for further study leading to the doctorate. Emphasis is placed on current state-of-the-art applications including parallel computing, image processing, VLSI design, sensing, robotics, mobile computing, automation and the like.
Customized study plans to allow receiving the Computer Engineering M.S. degree while pursuing either the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering or the Ed.D. degree in Education are available. Doctoral students in these two programs should consult their respective doctoral advisors to work on their individualized plans.
Admission to the program requires an undergraduate degree in engineering, and includes the following fundamental course work:
- Programming Languages and Techniques
- Data Structures
- Digital Design
- Digital Design Lab
- Computer Organization
- Probability and Statistics
Applicants with superior academic credentials but lacking the required background can be admitted subject to their taking the necessary preparatory courses. Applicants are expected to have an average of B or better in their undergraduate coursework.
Please refer to the Graduate Admissions Information for general requirements.
Stem and OPT
The M.S. degrees offered by the School of Engineering at the University of Bridgeport are classified by ICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement) as STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) degrees. Therefore, all International Students who earn an M.S. degree are eligible for twelve (12) months of OPT (Optional Practical Training) and at the end of the twelve months of OPT, the student and the company the student works for, can apply for an extension of seventeen (17) additional months of work, as long as the company is an E-verify company. In summary, a graduate with an M.S. degree can work under OPT in the U.S.A. for a total of twenty-nine (29) months.
Financial Stipends and Scholarships
The following Financial Stipends and Scholarships are available for qualified student applicants. For more information, please refer to Tuition and Financial Aid.
(A) Graduate Scholarship Program
The University of Bridgeport launched a new graduate scholarship program to help deserving students meet the financial obligations of pursuing higher education. For more information, please refer to Graduate Scholarship Program.
(B) Graduate Assistantships, Research Assistantships and Student Workers employment
Graduate Assistantships, Research Assistantships and Student Workers employment are also available for qualified students. For more information, please refer to On Campus Jobs.
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
Oct 09th 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Oct 10th 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Oct 11th 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
University of Bridgeport Campus
Come show your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, students, families, faculty, staff and friends of UB are all invited to come to campus for Welcome Back Weekend 2015! Reconnect with old friends and rediscover the University of Bridgeport by attending one of many great events throughout the weekend!
Online registration is now closed. You can register in person at the Student Center (Knights End, ground level) on Saturday or at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events – See below for details or Download PDF
Friday, October 9
Saturday, October 10
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Campus Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 11:00 a.m. There and Back Again – Res Life at UB
- 11:00 a.m. Veterans Dedication
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. UBCC Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. RA Reunion Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus Tours
- 1:00 p.m. RA and Mentee Mixer
- 1:00 p.m. Engineering Carnival
- 1:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses
- 2:00 p.m. “Unknown Soldier: Searching for a Father” Screening
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 3:00 p.m. Tours of UBCC Facilities
- 3:00 p.m. KORT & SCBOD Alumni Hang-Out
- 4:00 p.m. Compass Floor Ribbon Cutting
- 4:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 4:00 p.m. Greek Life Mixer
- 6:00 p.m. Alumni Happy Hour
- 6:00 p.m. UBCC Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 7:00 p.m. Evening Entertainment
- 8:00 p.m. 80’s Alumni Reunion
Sunday, October 11
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Gospel Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 1:00 p.m. Fall Ball Tournament
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Welcome Back Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 9/25/15. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Welcome Back Weekend UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- The Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $119 room rate will be offered until 9/18/15. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport room block
On Saturday, October 10, the University of Bridgeport shuttle will be making stops between campus, the Bridgeport train station, and the Holiday Inn downtown between 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., and adding in a stop at Murphy’s Law beginning at 5:30 p.m. All shuttle services will conclude at 11 p.m. that evening.
- Amici Miei Café
957 Main St, Bridgeport, CT 06604
15% discount for Oct 9-11
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 540-5360
- Two Boots
281 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT 06604
15% discount for Oct 9-11
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 331-1377
- Metric Bar and Grill
39 Cannon St, Bridgeport, CT 06604
10% discount for party of 6 or more
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 576-6903
- Barnum Publick House
1020 Broad St, Bridgeport, CT 06604
10% discount for Oct 9-11
Reservation not needed but preferred (203) 690-1044
- Testo’s Restaurant & Catering
1775 Madison Ave, Bridgeport, CT 0660
10% off Oct 9/10 (closed Sundays)