Associate director of the University of Bridgeport Acupuncture Institute, Charles is a licensed acupuncturist living in Beacon, N.Y., where he also maintains his private practice, Beacon Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Charles attended Colgate University where he earned a bachelor’s degree in English Literature. He received his degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in New York City.
In the past, Charles has served as director of the Mercy College Graduate Program in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. He also served as director of the Acupuncture Center at Sound Shore Medical Center in New Rochelle, NY. He has published book reviews and research, as well as made many public presentations on Chinese Medicine. He is currently the staff acupuncturist at Sound Shore Medical Center. In addition, he has been and continues to be a professor of Chinese Medicine at Mercy College and the University of Bridgeport. He has additionally served as a consultant on Chinese Medicine education for the Pennsylvania Board of Education.
Currently, he is committed to furthering the educational profession in Chinese Medicine. He also specializes in sports medicine in his private practice using acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine.
- To continue to normalize Chinese medicine into the established education infrastructure.
- To modernize the methodology of Chinese Medicine education.
- To educate future leaders and superior practitioners of Chinese Medicine.
- To continue to refine the notion of integrative medicine from the vantage point of Chinese Medicine.
- To encourage the development of well rounded, insightful practitioners committed to compassionate care and lifelong education and inquiry.