Since 2010, the Annual Fones Clinical Educators Workshop has been held at the University of Bridgeport, Fones School of Dental Hygiene.
This program offers regional educators the opportunity to attend courses focused on educational methodology as well as collaborate with other health science and dental hygiene faculty and administrators.
We invite you to take a breath, and be among colleagues and friends as we consider some unique ways to learn and to teach, while being mindful of ourselves, our students, and their patients.
- Christel Autori invites us to Rebalance, Reset and Respond to create a learning environment which cultivates low stress and high achievement in the classroom and clinic.
- Dr. Sarah Churchill follows up with Health, Wellness and Dental Hygiene, focusing on practical ways to incorporate ergonomic health and wellness practices that flow from educator to learner to patient.
- Dr. Jacqueline Singleton presents a model of the Thinker’s Guide to Clinical Reasoning, exploring how we can employ a common language to use during clinical experiences that encourage students to think critically.
- Dr. Wendy Garcia discusses the use of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, for patients and assists us in identifying how CAM can be utilized in the RDH and DH student’s healthcare regime.
- Kristin Minihan-Anderson and Marissa Decarli will help educators with a public health mindset to focus on evidence-based protocols for pit and fissure sealants in their programs.
Call for Poster Presentations! ALL Invited!
Share your new project, program, thesis, dissertation with the group during the Poster Presentation, Reception and Vendor Marketplace on Wednesday, May 31, 2017. We would love to hear what you are doing! Consider this opportunity to share research abstracts, innovations or featured aspects of your program with your colleagues.
Submit your poster topic by Friday, May 19, 2017 to Laura Greco, Director of Clinical Education, Fones School of Dental Hygiene, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions are encouraged and will be considered for part of the 2017 Workshop conference as space allows. Call us for assistance—we are happy to help!