How to Apply
Select an Application
Domestic Undergraduate Application (Freshmen & Transfer)
Application for domestic undergraduate students.
1. Submit Application with Supporting Documents
First year applicants should submit the following (transfer applicants, please visit Transferring to UB):
1. An Application for Admission
2. An Official High School Transcript
3. SAT or ACT Scores
4. Two Letters of Recommendation (For Dental Hygiene applicants, preferably one from a Math or Science teacher. For Dental Hygiene applicants the letters are required. For all other students they are encouraged, but not required.)
5. Personal Statement (For Dental Hygiene applicants the personal statement is required. For all other students they are encouraged, but not required.)
6. FAFSA (if you are applying for financial aid)
7. $25.00 Non-Refundable Application Fee
Complete your application before February 15 of your senior year, and receive priority consideration for financial aid.
2. Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid after January 1 of your senior year.
3. Review Your Financial Aid Package
Once you have received your financial aid package, which is sent in the first week of March, you will need to review it with your family. Contact our office with any questions about your package.
4. Make Your Deposit
Complete your “Confirmation of Undergraduate Admissions Acceptance” form that came in your acceptance packet and mail to the Admissions Office with your $200 tuition deposit. (The deadline for submission of this form is May 1.) Submit your deposit on or before Accepted Student’s Day, April 16, and receive a free gift! You may also pay your deposit electronically.
5. Register for Classes
Find a registration date that is right for you. UB offers three separate registration sessions. The first two of these dates are New Student Orientation, which are scheduled in June and July. The third session coincides with “Move-in day” in August. For specific dates please visit the UB Event Calendar.
The Office of Admissions hosts weekday campus tours at 10:00am, 12:00pm and 2:00pm. For students and families that are unable to join us during the week, the Office of Admissions has scheduled Saturday morning campus tours at 11:00am.
To register, click on the date on which you plan to tour UB:
Join us for our open house for undergraduate transfer students!
This event will include:
- an admissions presentation
- fee-waived application workshop
- on-the-spot transfer credit evaluation
- faculty “meet-and-greet”
- campus tour
Join us to learn more about how you can become part of UB’s inaugural Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) class!
- Meet our esteemed School of Nursing faculty
- Learn about the program and admissions requirements
- Tour our new state-of-the-art Nursing Skills and Simulation Center and UB’s seaside campus
To register, click on the date below that works best for you:
Morning Information Sessions:
Afternoon Information Sessions:
At Summer Orientation you will have the opportunity to meet with your academic advisor, register for fall classes, learn about student support services, select your room, and meet future classmates.
Freshmen Summer Orientation Session 1
Monday, July 11, 8:00 a.m. to Tuesday, July 12, 12:00 p.m.
Freshmen Summer Orientation Session 2
Friday, July 15, 8:00 a.m. to Saturday, July 16th 12:00 p.m.
If you are a transfer student, join us for:
Transfer Summer Orientation
Wednesday, July 13th 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
In order to participate in Summer Orientation we must receive your $200 tuition deposit, health forms, and final official High School and/or College Transcript(s) before the day of the event.
To register for Summer Orientation, please register here or call 1-800- 392-3582.
At Transfer Orientation you will have the opportunity to meet with your academic advisor, register for fall classes, learn about student support services, select your room, and meet future classmates.
Click here to register! Or call 1-800- 392-3582.
In order to participate in Orientation, we must receive your $200 tuition deposit, health forms, and final official High School and/or College Transcript(s) before the day of the event.