Technology Management (Ph.D.)
The Ph.D. in Technology Management (TM) is designed to meet growing industry and academic needs by offering a quality doctoral program to both part-time and full-time students in two inter-related areas: 1) new technology venture creation (e.g. entrepreneurship and corporate venturing), and 2) select current and emerging technologies (technology concentrations).
The program will encompass an integrated multi-disciplinary technology and management approach.
The Ph.D.-TM program is specifically designed to develop interdisciplinary skills and competencies in research and management of technology-dependent enterprises, technology-based entrepreneurship and new product, service and venture creation.
While the Ph.D.-TM is housed in the School of Engineering, the Ph.D. degree facilitates and encourages interdisciplinary studies across the School of Engineering and the School of Business and utilizes their complementary research facilities, faculty and lab resources.
The Ph.D. degree is a certification of critical aptitude in scholarship, creativity, knowledge in the discipline, enterprise in research, and proficiency and style in communication. A candidate obtaining a Ph.D. degree must display a thorough understanding in the major areas of Technology Management and must master the necessary tools and techniques so as to be able to make original contributions to the field of Technology Management. An equally important aspect is that of proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
The requirements of the Ph.D. program are: successful completion of preliminary examinations and courses, satisfactory performance in the written comprehensive and oral (proposal defense) examinations, admission to Ph.D. candidacy, successful completion and defense of original work documented as a dissertation, and the satisfaction of additional requirements such as teaching courses, seminars and publications.
The formal degree to be offered is the Doctor of Philosophy in Technology Management. This will be awarded to candidates who complete all the requirements of the Ph.D. degree described later in this section.
An M.S. in Technology Management is also offered.
Want to learn more?
Request information about our career-oriented programs…
Oct 09th 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Oct 10th 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
Oct 11th 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
University of Bridgeport Campus
Come show your Purple Knight Pride!
Alumni, students, families, faculty, staff and friends of UB are all invited to come to campus for Welcome Back Weekend 2015! Reconnect with old friends and rediscover the University of Bridgeport by attending one of many great events throughout the weekend!
$20 for adults, $15 for students and children under 18, and free for students on a UB meal plan.
Your registration includes a free tee-shirt, continental breakfast and BBQ lunch on Saturday, and brunch at Marina Dining Hall on Sunday! Also includes entry into events throughout the weekend (exceptions: UBCC Dinner, Athletics Hall of Fame, 5k). Pick up your shirt, lanyard, and more info at the Cox Student Center on Saturday and the Marina Dining Hall on Sunday.
Schedule of Events – See below for details or Download PDF
Friday, October 9
Saturday, October 10
- 9:00 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Alumni Soccer Game
- 10:00 a.m. Campus Tours
- 10:00 a.m. Harvest Festival
- 11:00 a.m. BBQ Lunch
- 11:00 a.m. There and Back Again – Res Life at UB
- 11:00 a.m. Veterans Dedication
- 12:00 p.m. Women’s Soccer Game
- 12:00 p.m. UBCC Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Family Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. RA Reunion Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Alumni Decades Luncheon
- 12:00 p.m. Veterans Luncheon
- 1:00 p.m. Campus Tours
- 1:00 p.m. RA and Mentee Mixer
- 1:00 p.m. Engineering Carnival
- 1:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 2:00 p.m. Academic Open Houses (TBA)
- 3:00 p.m. Men’s Soccer Game
- 3:00 p.m. Tours of UBCC Facilities
- 3:00 p.m. KORT & SCBOD Alumni Hang-Out
- 4:00 p.m. Compass Floor Ribbon Cutting
- 4:00 p.m. UBCC Lecture for CEUs
- 4:00 p.m. Greek Life Mixer
- 6:00 p.m. Alumni Happy Hour
- 6:00 p.m. UBCC Benefit Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 7:00 p.m. Evening Entertainment
- 8:00 p.m. 80’s Alumni Reunion
Sunday, October 11
- 9:00 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Purple Knight 5k
- 11:00 a.m. Gospel Brunch
- 11:00 a.m. Alumni Baseball Game
- 1:00 p.m. Fall Ball Tournament
All events, locations, and times subject to change.
Hotel and Travel
The University of Bridgeport has arranged discounted rates at local hotels for anyone attending Welcome Back Weekend:
- Holiday Inn – 1070 Main Street, Bridgeport: $89 room rate will be offered until 9/25/15. Call (203) 334-1234 and ask for the Welcome Back Weekend UB room block or make a reservation online (discounted rate is applied automatically).
- The Marriott – 180 Hawley Lane, Trumbull: $119 room rate will be offered until 9/18/15. Call (203) 378-1400 and ask for the University of Bridgeport room block