Congratulations on being accepted and for making the decision to attend UB. Your next steps begin with attending Summer Orientation.
- Did you pay your deposit? If not, pay your deposit here.
- Activate your UB email account.
- Apply for financial assistant with FAFSA and UB
- Complete Health Paperwork
- Sign up for Summer Orientation!
Freshmen Orientation Highlights
- Session A: Friday, June 27 and Saturday, June 28
- Session B: Friday, July 18 and Saturday, July 19
- Orientation begins at 8 a.m. on Friday with check-in at the Marina Dining Hall. Continental breakfast will be served, and you will receive lunch, dinner, and a snack on Friday and breakfast again on Saturday morning.
- You will be placed in a small group of 20 students with a diverse range of academic majors. The format is round-robin, and an experienced student known as an Orientation Leader (OL) will guide your group from location to location, and workshop to workshop.
- The schedule will feature both practical items (advising and registration, ID pictures, etc.) and social activities – all designed to better connect you to UB!
- If you plan on residing on campus during the 2014-15 academic year, you will have the opportunity to choose both a roommate and your actual room.
- The program is a mandatory overnight and you will be placed in a room upon check-in.
What to Bring
- We do not provide the common amenities featured at hotels, so it is essential that you bring personal care items (shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.), a bath towel, and bed sheets, blankets, and pillows for a twin-sized bed. Bring flip flops for the communal shower facilities.
- Bring clothes for sleeping and the next day.
- You will only be in the residential buildings from approximately 10:30 p.m. until 8 a.m., so we highly advise against bringing items of value (iPads, televisions, etc.).
- An enthusiastic attitude!