Rules of Decorum
for Hearings in the Title IX and Discrimination, Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, and Retaliation Grievance Processes
- The Hearing Officer or the Hearing Panel Chair will ask questions at the beginning of the Hearing.
- The Advisor will direct each question to the Hearing Officer or Hearing Panel first and wait for a relevance determination before directing the question to the Party(ies) and Witness(es).
- Questions asked and answered with be deemed irrelevant.
- The Hearing Officer’s or Hearing Panel Chair’s ruling shall be final and all hearing participants shall abide thereby.
- Rules of common courtesy and decency shall be observed at all times.
- An Advisor may request clarification of hearing procedures at any time by addressing the Hearing Officer or Hearing Panel Chair’ after recognition.