Information for Employers
The Center for Career Development offers a variety of services for employers to recruit qualified candidates. Career Advisors are available to discuss your specific hiring needs and to ensure that you are interviewing prepared, qualified, and passionate candidates.
Our office assists students in preparing for all aspects of the job/internship search, including document preparation, mock interviews, professional etiquette/expectations, and identifying appropriate opportunities.
We look forward to working with your organization and appreciate you thinking of the University of Bridgeport for your hiring needs. If you are looking to hire UB students, graduates, or alumni, we can help you find the best talent! We have students studying a variety of majors to suit the needs of many diverse industries. As the 10th most racially diverse college in the U.S., our students bring a global edge to any workplace.
The Center for Career Development offers a variety of ways to partner with your organization:
- Online Job Posting System: Post unlimited number of full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities with our online job posting system UBjobnet. Students have 24-hour access to the system, and are able to apply to postings directly through the site!
- Resume Referral Program: Post your internship/job description through Career Development. Resumes are collected and forwarded to you based on your specific qualifications and criteria. You then have the opportunity to select qualified candidates you wish to interview at your site.
- On-Campus Recruiting: Post your opportunities with career development, host an information session, and receive previously-screened resumes based on your specific qualifications and criteria. You will then have the opportunity to screen student’s on-campus during the fall and spring semesters. Contact Career Development to schedule a recruitment date.
- Information Sessions: Arrange an open presentation with students to discuss your organization’s mission and vision. You will also be able to meet students and promote available internship and full-time opportunities.
- Career & Internship Expo: Held each February, UB’s Career and Internship Expo will allow you the opportunity to recruit for internships and full-time professional positions. This is an excellent opportunity to meet qualified undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni. Increase your visibility on campus and build name recognition among potential applicants.
- Get Involved on Campus:
- Mock interviews/interview preparation sessions for students of all majors
- Employer presentations, information tables, panelist/guest speaking opportunities
- Resume / Interview / Elevator Pitch / LinkedIn Workshops
- Connect with campus clubs and organizations
- Participate in career and networking events, check out our calendar of events
Ethical Internship Guidelines
- United States Department of Labor FLSA Guidelines (as it relates to paid v/s unpaid internships)
- NACE Position Statement on U.S. Internships
- The Career Development Center adheres to NACE Principles for Professional Practice
* All job and internship postings are subject to approval. The Career Development Center reserves the final right to determine which postings are appropriate for inclusion in its databases of listings.
The Career Development Center is associated with the following professional academic organizations:
- National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE)
- Eastern Association of Colleges & Employers (EACE)
- Connecticut Cooperative Education & Internship Association (CCEIA)