Dear UB Employees,
UB’s mitigation plan to contain the spread of COVID-19 on campus requires all UB employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 1, 2021, or engage in weekly testing in order to keep our community safe.
This mandate is aligned with the White House COVID Plan, which requires organizations with 100+ employees to ensure all employees are fully vaccinated or tested weekly. Similar mandates exist at most schools in our area.
More than two months have passed since this initial announcement and the deadline is quickly approaching – only 7 days to go! The time to act is now.
For those employees who are fully vaccinated and have submitted their proof of vaccination, THANK YOU!
For those who have been vaccinated, but have not yet provided proof, please submit a copy of your vaccination records using this link. NOTE: you should submit this form even if you have only received your first dose of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Please submit additional documentation when you’ve completed your second vaccination.
Employees who do not provide proof of vaccination by September 30, 2021, will be required to be tested weekly. This requirement will end upon submission of a completed vaccination record. Please note the following:
- Employee’s COVID test must be submitted using this link by the end-of-business each Monday
- The first date for submission of test results is Monday, October 4, 2021, and will continue weekly until the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)/White House amends its guidance or the employee submits proof of vaccination
- When a federal holiday occurs on Monday, test results are due on Tuesday that week
- If your test result is positive, do not report to work until communicating with the UB HR Department for guidance
- Procurement of testing and any associated cost is the employee’s responsibility. Testing on campus will only be available to students
- PCR and Rapid Tests are both acceptable
- Test results dated more than 72-hours prior to submission will NOT be accepted
Employees with an approved vaccine exemption on file must be tested weekly as outlined above.
NOTE: Employees who remain unvaccinated and fail to submit a weekly test each Monday will be subject to progressive discipline, as noted:
- Violation 1: First Warning - Employee counseling and a verbal warning will occur. This will be followed by written documentation of the verbal counseling.
- Violation 2: Written Warning
- Violation 3: Suspension of work and loss of wages for one week and a final written warning notice will be issued.
- Violation 4: Subject to Termination of Employment
NOTE: Violations do not “reset” as a result of intermittent compliance. For example, if an employee fails to submit their weekly test on October 4, Violation 1 will occur, and the employee will receive their First Warning. If the same employee submits their test results on October 11, but fails to submit results on October 18, that employee will then receive the Written Warning (Violation 2), and so on.
Vaccines remain our best defense against the spread of COVID-19 and are readily available. The Pfizer vaccine has received full approval by the United States Food and Drug Administration. Vaccines can be obtained at local pharmacies, vaccine clinics, medical facilities, and more. Visit the State of CT Vaccine Portal to schedule your appointment today.
Thank you for all you have done and will continue to do this year to keep yourself and the UB community safe.
Manyul Im, Ph.D.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs