Below is the information you need concerning the move-in process. As individual questions arise, please reach out to address your concerns. Also, please be aware that due to the changing situation of COVID-19, discussions are ongoing that may have an impact on campus life and our UB COVID policies. When any decisions are made, I will make sure that all of you are notified immediately.
COVID TESTS: As you know from an email sent last week, a RT-PCR test needs to be completed within five days of coming to campus. If you do not have your results before coming to campus, you will enter quarantine in Barnum Hall.
- Be sure to submit your negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result in the correct location. It must be uploaded into the Health Record Submission Form found in your MyUB Portal.
- Everyone needs two negative RT-PCR tests, however, the second test needs to be taken once on campus and six to ten days after the date of the first test you took before coming to campus.
- All out of state students are required by the State of Connecticut to complete the CT Travel Health Form.
BEFORE ARRIVING: Before returning to campus, all students need to ensure that they have completed the following steps. If you have questions regarding this information, begin by reviewing canvas and/or Webadvisor to review any possible holds, check your spring semester bill, and so forth.
- To move into campus housing, you must be a registered student. Contact your academic advisor for further assistance if you are not registered.
- Ensure you have connected with Student Financial Services regarding your financial responsibilities. Students are expected to be enrolled in a payment plan or have less than $500 as an outstanding bill.
- Ensure all immunization paperwork is submitted to Health Services.
MOVE-IN: All residents are required to sign up for an appointment. Returning students please note, that although your family and friends are welcome to drop you off and assist you unloading, they will not be allowed inside your residence hall. New students, please call our office to arrange permission for one person to assist you to move into your room. You will experience a curbside move-in process and remain in your vehicle until all verifications have been completed before entering your residence hall. You will only have 45-60 minutes to unload in the designated curbside parking.
- High-risk states move-in between January 18 – January 20
Sign up for an appointment here by 11:45 PM on 1/15/2021: https://ubhousing.wufoo.com/forms/kcp7wf011q3dmi/
- CT, NJ, NY, and RI move-in between January 23 – January 26
Sign up for an appointment here by 11:45 PM on 1/15/2021: https://ubhousing.wufoo.com/forms/k18xtyxw0z7oprt/
MEALS: Marina Dining will be open for "grab and go" meals from 1/18/2021 until full-service meals begin on 1/25/2021. This may change depending on the guidelines from the State of Connecticut and CDC recommendations. Full-service hours of operation are as follows:
- Breakfast Hours 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM
- Lunch Hours 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- Dinner Hours 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Review the Dining On-Campus Guide to see what Sodexo is doing to ensure your safety and theirs.
Finally, please remember that all students have the right to adjust their class schedules to take all their courses online if they prefer. Students who come back to campus do so choosing to and willing to follow the COVID policies outlined to safeguard our community's safety. Thank you all in advance for abiding by our COVID policies and holding your peers accountable during this pandemic.
If you have further questions, please call us at 203.576.4228.
Cindy E. Sanders
Director of Housing and Residential Life