Students interested in the School of Education, specifically initial teacher certification, are welcome to join us for information regarding the application process and program details.
Initial teacher certification track options at UB include the following:
- Elementary Education
- Music Education
- The Secondary Education subject areas of:
- History/Social Studies
- Science (General, Earth & Space, Biology, Chemistry, or Physics)
|UNIVERSITY OF BRIDGEPORT
CHIROPRACTIC FALL SYMPOSIUM
John Stites, D.C., DACBR, DACO
Saturday, October 13, 2018
About Dr. Stites
Dr. Stites is Professor and Director of Community Clinics at Palmer College of Chiropractic. He also provides care for underserved populations in a Community Health Care center alongside medical physicians and dentists. A 1979 Palmer graduate, he has been on faculty since 1983 and holds Diplomates in both Radiology and Orthopedics. He has served the profession through terms as editor-in-chief for Topic in Radiology and Ad
vance Imaging, editorial board member for the Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association and Topics in Integrative Health, and peer reviews for scholarly journals including Spine, Journal of Chiropractic Medicine and Chiropractic & Manual Therapies. He received the 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award from the Chiropractic Health Care section of the American Public Health Association, where he has served as chair and program chair, and currently sits on the Governing Council. He also sits on advisory councils for the Iowa Department of Public Health, as well as for managed care organizations. In 2018 he was named Academician of the Year by the American Chiropractic Association.
For the past ten years he has participated in the renowned workshop in Evidence-Based Clinical Practice (EBCP) at McMaster University, an intensive 5-day program for all health care providers interested in using or teaching EBCP. For the past five years he has served as faculty for the workshop. He has developed and presented multiple programs on EBCP including workshops geared toward educators and foundational seminars for clinicians.
Learn how the University of Bridgeport can maximize your transfer experience.
Activities will include:
- Application Workshop – Obtain a fee-waived application and admissions and merit scholarship decisions*
- On-the-spot Transfer Credit Evaluations – See how UB can maximize your transfer credits
- Campus Tours – If you haven’t toured our beautiful seaside campus, now is your chance!
What to bring:
- Unofficial transcripts from each institution attended
- Proof of high school graduation
*Students interested in the following programs are not eligible for on-the-spot admissions decisions: Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Medical Laboratory Science.
To register, click on the date below that works best for you:
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday September 04, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 02, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00PM
- Tuesday, November 06, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 05, 2019 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Students interested in graduate programs at the University of Bridgeport are welcome to join us for information regarding the application process and program details. The graduate programs represented include Business, Engineering, Education, Design Management, Counseling, and the College of Public and International Affairs.
To register click the link below: