Students interested in the School of Education, specifically initial teacher certification, are welcome to join us for information regarding the application process and program details.
Initial teacher certification track options at UB include the following:
- Elementary Education
- Music Education
- The Secondary Education subject areas of:
- History/Social Studies
- Science (General, Earth & Space, Biology, Chemistry, or Physics)
Learn more about how the University of Bridgeport can maximize your transfer experience. Meet with an admissions counselor to learn more about our admissions process and the flexible learning schedule we offer. Join us for an upcoming information information session!
Campus Tours provide a great introduction to University of Bridgeport! Your time on campus will consist of a Campus Tour with one of our Student Ambassadors. An admissions counselor will be available to answer any questions regarding the application and financial aid process. Tours provide a look at student life and include visits to classrooms, the John J. Cox Student Center, a residence hall room, and more!
Learn how the University of Bridgeport can maximize your transfer experience.
Activities will include:
- Application Workshop – Obtain a fee-waived application and admissions and merit scholarship decisions*
- On-the-spot Transfer Credit Evaluations – See how UB can maximize your transfer credits
- Campus Tours – If you haven’t toured our beautiful seaside campus, now is your chance!
What to bring:
- Unofficial transcripts from each institution attended
- Proof of high school graduation
*Students interested in the following programs are not eligible for on-the-spot admissions decisions: Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Medical Laboratory Science.
To register, click on the date below that works best for you:
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday September 04, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 02, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00PM
- Tuesday, November 06, 2018 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 05, 2019 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Students interested in the Educational Administration and Supervision program (092) are invited to our Waterbury Center to meet the program director and learn more about UB’s offerings in the School of Education. Program representatives will also be available from UB’s Ed.D. program to discuss options for earning a doctorate degree to those students who are already working in the field.