First-year University of Bridgeport students have a vast array of options to consider when determining how they will spend their next four years. The Office of Student Affairs has assembled a helpful guide that categorizes “40 Things to Do in Your 4 Years at UB” by Academic & Career Success, Campus Life, UB Traditions, and In & Around Bridgeport.
Be sure to attend the Fall Involvement Fair that will take place on September 5 from noon to 1:30 p.m. to learn more about the University’s more than 60 clubs and organizations. There is something for everyone!
Four years can go by in the blink of an eye. Don’t miss out on all the fun!
40 Things to do in Your 4 Years
Academic & Career Success
1. Meet with your Academic Advisor to create a degree plan.
2. Have your resume critiqued by the Career Development Office.
3. Complete an internship.
4. Visit the Heckman Center for The Bridgeport Plan.
5. Study abroad!
6. Shadow a UB Alumni in a professional setting.
7. Join a UB club or organization.
8. Bowl a strike with friends at the UB Bowling Alley.
9. Attend at least one home game for every varsity sport.
10. Go for a swim in the Wheeler Recreation Center pool.
11. Attend the Fall & Spring Involvement Fairs.
12. Stay active with Campus Recreation and Intramural Sports.
13. Pose for a photo under the Perry Memorial Arch in your cap and gown.
14. Give back to the community with the Office of Civic Engagement.
15. Visit the dental hygiene, acupuncture, and/or chiropractic clinic.
16. Challenge yourself while serving others on an Alternative Spring Break.
17. Attend a Student Programming Board (SPB) event with your Resident or Commuter Assistant.
18. Take a selfie with President Trombley.
19. Check out the latest exhibit in the UB Art Gallery.
20. Take the First-Year and Senior Plunges into the Sound!
21. Start the year at the Welcome Back Block Party.
22. Participate in the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service.
23. Get "Knighted" at Fall Convocation.
24. Rub Magnus Walstrom's nose in the Library for good luck during midterms and finals.
25. Show your school spirit at the Homecoming Pep Rally.
26. Scare your friends at the SPB Haunted House.
27. Become an advocate at Take Back the Night.
28. Celebrate spring at the Annual Carnival.
29. Kick off finals week at the "Not Quite Midnight" Breakfast.
30. Participate in Grad Week your senior year.
31. Memorize the Purple Knight Pledge.
32. Be careful! Don't walk through the Marina archway until you graduate!
In & Around Bridgeport
33. Walk 670 steps from campus to the Seaside Lighthouse.
34. Watch the sunrise on the Sound.
35. Visit the Barnum Museum.
36. Ride a zip-line at the Discovery Museum Adventure Park.
37. Touch a stingray at the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk.
38. See the tigers at the Beardsley Zoo.
39. Take the ferry to Port Jefferson.
40. Listen to the Greater Bridgeport Symphony perform.