Guest Lecturer Dr. Shuming Zhao of Nanjing University speaks at Mandeville Hall
The University of Bridgeport’s Ernest C. Trefz School of Business welcomed Nanjing University’s Honorary Dean of the School of Business for a two-day visit featuring back-to-back presentations in Mandeville Hall. On March 31, 2017, Dr. Shuming Zhao delivered a luncheon lecture on “Doing Business in China,” followed by a second guest lecture on “Human Resources Management in China” on April 1. Between both events, more than 150 attendees had the opportunity to learn from and shake hands with the luminary, whose research areas are human resource management, multinational business management, and entrepreneurship.
“Doing Business in China” Luncheon
Dr. Zhao, an international scholar, currently serves as:
- President of the International Association of Chinese Management Research (IACMR, Third Term)
- President of Jiangsu Provincial Association of Human Resource Management
- Vice Chairman for the Steering Committee for National Business Degree Programs of the Ministry of Education of China
- Vice President of Chinese Academic Management
Currently chairing several research projects for the National Natural Science Foundation of China, Dr. Zhao has published more than 10 books and over 300 academic papers and articles.
- Best Research Award from the Ministry of Education of China, 2006
- Honorary Doctoral Degree from Seton Hill University, 2006
- Chancellor’s Medallion by the University of Missouri-St. Louis, 2008
- Fudan Management Excellence Award by Fudan Premium Fund of Management in 2010
- Outstanding Social Science Expert of Jiangsu from Jiangsu Provincial Government, 2015
For 15 years, Dr. Zhao served as Dean of the Business School at Nanjing University, which is among the Top Ten (10) business schools in China. He is also:
- Distinguished Visiting Professor at Katz Graduate School of Business at the University of Pittsburgh and at the College of Business at the University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Visiting Professor at Peter Drucker Graduate School of Management at Claremont Graduate University
“We are very honored by Dr. Zhao’s visit and grateful for the time he took to share his expertise with our students and guests,” said Dean Lloyd Gibson, Dean of the Ernest C. Trefz School of Business. The event on March 31 was part of the Sammis Lecture Series and was hosted by both the Ernest C. Trefz School of Business and the College of Public and International Affairs.