Health Form Information for New International Students
Students who do not provide proof of certain vaccines will not be able to register for classes or reside in any of our residence halls. For more information, please contact Student Health Services at (203) 576-4712 or online at Health Services.
Prior to registration
Before registration, all students must complete the health requirements and Health Examination Form filled out by their doctor. You can view all health requirements and download the form HERE. Bring these forms with you to your Check-In Session.
The University of Bridgeport and CT State Law require the following from International Students:
- A Physical Exam signed by your doctor
- A Test for Tuberculosis: All Students must have a Tuberculosis test within six months of admission to the University or complete the TB risk assessment found on www.bridgeport.edu/healthforms.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccine (MMR) Vaccine: Two vaccines are required after age one. This pertains to all students.
- Meningitis Vaccine within the past 5 years: All students living in residence halls
- Varicella Vaccine: Two vaccines or history of disease (not required for students born in the United States prior to 1980)
Student Health Insurance
All international students are required to have UB’s health insurance. The cost will automatically be added to your student account. Policies from your home country will not take the place of this mandatory insurance. Do NOT purchase a health insurance policy from your home country before coming to UB.