Google CSSI Summer Program at UB (CSSI@UB)
Google's Computer Science Summer Institute (CSSI) program is a three-week introduction to computer science (CS) at the University of Bridgeport for graduating high school seniors with a passion for technology — especially students from historically underrepresented groups in the field at no cost.
- To provide students with an interest in computer science an opportunity to learn what their future career might hold, and inspire them to complete their work towards a technical degree.
- To help students develop their technical skills, build confidence in their abilities, and better prepare them to study computer science or closely-related fields.
- To help participants begin building important personal networks and friendships with a diverse group of students who share their passion for technology and computer science.
- To give students an inside look at Google's unique environment, community, and culture.
- To provide exposure and insight into Google’s internship program and technical career opportunities
This program is a partnership between the University of Bridgeport and Google for high school students. It is intended for students who want to major, minor or just explore Computer Science. No computing or programming experience is required.
- Basic computer skills: Web, HTML, and CSS
- Group project work: App creation
- Soft skill development
- Field Trip to Google NY Manhattan office (August 9, 2019)
- Opportunities to interact with Google engineers
Program dates and times
- July, 22 (Monday), 2019 - August 12 (Monday), 2019
- No class on July 26 (Fri), 2019
- Field Trip to Google NY Manhattan office: August 9 (Fri), 2019
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM daily
Location: UB campus including Computer Labs in Technology Building and Library
Dr. Jeongkyu Lee
Professor of Computer Science and Engineering
Director of Domestic Undergraduate Admissions