We also offer minors in Music and in Theater. Successful graduates of the program can be found performing and teaching throughout the state and region, and have gone on to graduate study at leading schools.
The Music (B.M.) degree program core consists of at least 42 credits common to all music students:
- Private lessons on the major instrument each semester of residence (at least 6 cr.)
- Four semesters of music theory (12 cr.)
- Four semesters of aural theory (4 cr.)
- Four or more courses in music history (12 cr.)
- Piano study (2 cr. or more.)
- One semester of music technology (3 cr.)
- Performing in one or more ensembles each semester of residence (at least 3 cr.)
Each concentration consists of 38 credits, so Bachelor of Music students complete 80 credits in the major and 40 in the liberal arts and sciences. Details regarding the curriculum, academic regulations, course descriptions, and the general education course requirements can be found in the UB Catalog.