About the Online B.S. in General Studies with Social Science Concentration Online
Designed specifically for adult learners, our flexible career-oriented online degree program is perfect for the busy adult learner with its flexible scheduling and supportive staff.
The Bachelor of Science in General Studies with a concentration in Social Science is offered entirely online. The courses are designed to be learner centered in terms of scheduling, learning materials, assignments, and student interaction with both faculty and fellow students.
Upon graduation from the Bachelor of Science in General Studies online degree program, you will:
- Use communication skills effectively in research, writing, and editing so that one may advance professionally and study further in graduate programs
- Comprehend, analyze, and interpret texts and media in a variety of disciplines
- Generate and evaluate ideas and plans
- Recognize and analyze problems and design action plans toward resolution
- Demonstrate creative and analytical mastery of several disciplines within an academic area of concentration
- Demonstrate an ethical mindset and exercise professional responsibility in a global context
Degree Requirements Summary (120 credits)
University Core Curriculum (42 credits)
Courses include Writing, First Year Studies, Math, Natural Sciences, Humanities, Social Science, Fine Arts, Speech, Language Arts and a Capstone
Social Science Concentration Program Requirements (30 credits)
Economics, History, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, and Sociology.
General Electives (48 credits)
Select courses that expand your field of study and provide depth in a particular discipline. The General Electives allow for transferring a multi-disciplinary number of credits from other schools, while providing the opportunity to customize your learning experience.