The Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering is intended to prepare individuals with a strong mathematical, scientific, or technical background for entry into the Mechanical Engineering field at an advanced level and for further study leading to the doctorate. Admission to the program requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering and/or design curriculum. Students with other engineering or science background can be accepted into the program with the condition that they will make up their deficiencies in the core Mechanical Engineering areas (mechanics of materials, fluid mechanics, heat transfer and thermodynamics, dynamics of mechanical systems, design, and manufacturing) in the MSME program and/or through additional courses.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related STEM field from an accredited university or recognized international institution
- Recommended cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.90 or higher
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letters must come directly from employers, professors, or professional associates. Your recommenders should comment on your work ethic, academic or professional experience in your field of choice, and how you would positively contribute to the School of Engineering.
- Personal statement
- In 250 – 500 words, detail why you are seeking this degree, how you expect to apply your degree to your professional career after graduation and why you seek to pursue your degree through the University of Bridgeport.
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by:
- July 15 for the Fall semester
- Dec 1 for the Spring semester