- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related STEM field from an accredited university or recognized international institution
- Recommended cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.90 or higher
- Application and application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letters must come directly from employers, professors, or professional associates. Your recommenders should comment on your work ethic, academic or professional experience in your field of choice, and how you would positively contribute to the School of Engineering.
- Personal statement
- In 250 – 500 words, detail why you are seeking this degree, how you expect to apply your degree to your professional career after graduation and why you seek to pursue your degree through the University of Bridgeport.
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by:
- August 1 for the Fall semester
- Dec 1 for the Spring semester
Admission to the program requires an undergraduate degree in engineering, and includes the following fundamental course work:
- Programming Languages and Techniques
- Data Structures
- Digital Design
- Digital Design Lab
- Computer Organization
- Probability and Statistics
Applicants with superior academic credentials but lacking the required background can be admitted subject to their taking the necessary preparatory courses. Applicants are expected to have an average of B or better in their undergraduate coursework.