Elementary and Secondary Teacher Certification Programs, M.S. or Sixth Year Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university or recognized international institution
- Please note: A master’s degree from a regionally accredited university is required for the 6th year program
- Cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (‘B’) or higher. Applicants whose cumulative GPA falls between 2.67 (‘B-’) and 3.0 (‘B’) will be considered for admission on a provisional basis.
- Application and application fee (non-refundable)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- International transcripts must include an official course-by-course evaluation of all academic work from an accredited academic evaluating service
- Official Praxis® Core Academic Skills for Educators (5751) score report*
- Register for the Praxis® Core at www.ets.org.
- Applicants must pass at least two out of the three subtests. Passing scores for each subtest are as follows: Reading – 156, Writing – 162, and Math – 150.
- *This requirement is waived for applicants whose cumulative undergraduate GPA is 3.2 or higher.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letters need to come from employers, professors or professional associates, and must testify to your suitability as a prospective teacher.
- Personal statement
- In 350 words or more, detail the reasons you are interested in enrolling in the certification program of your choice, highlight relevant background experiences and address your overall professional goals in the teaching profession. Please discuss any activities, general or professional, that have influenced your decision to enter the teaching profession.
- Certification application
- Internship application
- This application is only required for those applying to the internship program.
- Music certification applicants must submit a video or audio file in one of three ways:
- YouTube, Google Drive, or Dropbox link emailed to email@example.com
- CD or DVD sent through the mail
- Personal audition/interview with the Program Director
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received by:
- July 15 for the Fall semester
- December 1 for the Spring semester