At the University of Bridgeport School of Education, we focus on giving our graduates the knowledge and preparation they need to become great educators – people who challenge and inspire their students to dream bigger, reach farther and achieve more.
Graduate students may work toward a Master of Science in Elementary Education or Master of Science in Secondary Education. Students may attend as full-time or part-time enrollees. In addition, we also offer a hybrid M.S. degree program for those seeking a non-certification Master of Science in Education.
UB is home to the first tuition-paid internship program in the country and trains more Connecticut teachers than any other school in the state.
Tuition-Paid Internship – Option
- Save over $23,000 in tuition
- Accelerated Program – Complete your master’s degree in ten months
- You take classes at least two to three nights a week
- UB’s School of Education arranges your internship placement
- You intern full-time in a cooperating school during the day for an entire calendar year
- You pay only for books and fees
* The 33 credits of master’s level coursework must be completed during the student’s 10-month internship. Tuition will not be paid for credits completed outside of this time-frame.
Traditional Student – Option
- Participate in fieldwork at a local school of your choice
- Complete the program at your own pace, usually in two or more years
- You are responsible for all program tuition, fees and books
Residency (Student) Teaching Placement
(Please note: The Residency (Student) Teaching Placement is not covered under the Tuition-Paid Internship – Option)
You must complete six credits (60 days or 12 weeks) of residency (student) teaching for Connecticut certification. Your student teaching placement is made through the School of Education and is supervised by university staff.
Education Certification Tracks
- Elementary Education (M.S. or Sixth Year Certificate)
- Secondary Education (M.S. or Sixth Year Certificate)
- Educational Administration and Supervision (Sixth Year Certificate – 092)
- Remedial Reading and Language Arts (Sixth Year Certificate – 102)
- Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Hybrid Ed.D. in Educational Leadership