First, Best, & Only
With the University's Centennial Celebration approaching, we take note of its long and storied history, including an impressive list of achievements categorized as being the first, the best, and the only.
- Fones School of Dental Hygiene was the first school established in the world (1913).
- Partnered with the Peace Corps to offer New England’s first Peace Corps Preparatory Program (2014).
- First Master in Human Nutrition in the nation in 1991 (also first to offer online in 1997).
- The first & only PhD program in Technology Management in the Northeast.
- The School of Nursing launched the first BSN program in CT in the ‘90s.
- STEM on Wheels is the first STEM bus in CT.
- The first PhD in Computer Science and Engineering in the Northeast.
- Home to the first ABET-accredited Computer Engineering program in CT.
- First High Tech Incubator in Fairfield County.
- The first Education Leadership Doctoral Program (EdD) in Connecticut (1980).
- The first university-based chiropractic program in the nation (1991).
- Carnegie Classification: Research Doctoral: STEM-dominant
- NCAA Division II Women’s Soccer National Champions (2018).
- Largest graduate engineering program in CT and second-largest graduate engineering school in New England.
- 97% five-year pass rate average for the fully Accredited Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE).
- Approximately 100% employment rate for engineers.
- U.S. News & World Report named UB online programs among the best in the nation in 2018 (7th year on the list).
- 50,000 community service and service learning volunteer hours annually.
- The University with the most ASEE student research awards in the last 10 years (Northeast Section).
- One of 62 Universities in the world to participate in the National Academy of Engineering Grand Engineering Challenges of the 21st Century program.
- The average class size is 14.
- 16:1 student-faculty ratio
- Only CT College to receive ASEE Diversity Recognition Program Award (Bronze).
- Women’s Gymnastics has won 6 USA Gymnastics National Championships in 10 years.
- Only university with two Top 10 Global Teacher Prize finalists.
- UB is one of only three CT universities included in the Carnegie Classification system as Doctoral/Professional and the only one of the three designated as STEM-focused.