Reporting to the Director of the English Language Institute, the Overseas Study Coordinator is responsible forcoordinating a variety of internationally-focused academic program activities.
The University of Bridgeport is seeking an Overseas Study Coordinator. The University of Bridgeport has three Masters degrees that require domestic students to pursue an overseas internship; it also has an International College where overseas study is strongly encouraged. The University emphasizes less commonly taught languages and it currently has partnerships in Jordan, China, and Korea. The University has an English Language Institute that serves students coming to the University who need preparation before entering an academic program.
- Assist university students in preparing to study overseas;
- Establish communication with potential partners including educational institutions and reputable agencies that facilitate overseas study;
- Review and help to improve existing protocols for overseas study including travel, insurance, academic and financial protocols;
- Hire and supervise student workers to be Conversation Partners and organize extracurricular activities for ELI students;
- Organize and run weekend day trips to cultural points of interest, especially during the summer months;
- Facilitate ELI student connections with UB advisors and students.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A Bachelors degree is required; a Masters degree is preferred
- Previous study-abroad experience
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications ability;
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated diligence and task completion
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please send letter of application and resume to:
Department of Human Resources
Overseas Study Coordinator
University of Bridgeport
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Fax: (203) 576-4601