Reporting to the Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs, the Dispensary Manager is a part-time appointment responsible for overseeing the educational and business operations of the UB Clinics Dispensary. An enthusiastic, positive, personable, and detail-oriented individual is essential to this position.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee Daily Dispensary Functions
- Coordinate with Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs regarding dispensary and vendor functions for on-site and outreach clinics.
- Supervise dispensary staff.
- Supervise all ordering, billing, inventory control and dispensing.
- Oversee the annual budget and report to Accounts Payable Department regarding all financial managment.
- Coordinate with supervising ND physicians, instructors and other clinic directors regarding dispensary needs.
Dispensary Education Program
- Design, implement and coordinate educational events for students and faculty. formalized dispensary education for secondary clinicians.
- Cultivate vendor relationships through regular contact and organization of events.
- Organize and supervise vendor-sponsored educational events, including student vendor representative activities.
- Coordinate with administration regarding vendor donations and sponsorships.
- Represent the dispensary on relevant college committees.
Knowledge: A Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine is required. Familiarity with medicines dispensed/prescribed by naturopathic physicians and acupuncturists is required, including appropriate dosages, possible side effects and contraindications. Active Connecticut license to practice naturopathic medicine with 2 or more years’ clinical experience preferred.
Skills: Must be able to type, write, and have the ability to read small print. This position must be computer savvy, able to operate in a Windows computer operating system and be proficient with QuickBooks and Excel. Experience with electronic health records preferred.
Abilities: This position requires significant ability to maintain concentration and focus and to handle a busy workplace involving students, physicians, and the public for several hours at a time. At other times the ability to maintain concentration on the computer or the telephone for prolonged periods is required. This position requires the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull heavy boxes up to 25 lbs.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please send letter of application and resume to:
University of Bridgeport
Department of Human Resources,
Dispensary Manager, Part-time
126 Park Avenue, Wahlstrom Library 7th Floor
Bridgeport, CT 06604
email@example.com Tel: 203-576-4588 Fax: 203 576-4601