Under the direction of the Director of Graduate Admissions, the Admissions Counselor has the responsibility for assisting with planning, developing, implementing and evaluating multi-channel marketing and recruitment strategies related to graduate domestic enrollment.
The Admissions Counselor will be responsible for meeting territory and programmatic enrollment goals through the execution of these various approaches: travel to high school and college fairs, participation in open houses and regional receptions, communications with various constituents. Application management and decision making are an integral part of the position. Some nights and weekends are required.
- Be knowledgeable about the University of Bridgeport programs, features, facilities, scholarships and financial aid opportunities. Be able to articulate same in a professional, consistent manner;
- Work with supervisor to develop territorial and programmatic recruitment goals and develop multi-channel communication strategies to achieve these goals. Evaluate the effectiveness of various approaches utilized;
- Manage territorial travel and represent the University at high school visits, college nights, open houses, etc;
- Manage telecounseling with prospective students;
- Manage application review and associated decision making;
- Interface with University personnel, (ie: faculty, Deans, support staff, administrative staff) as required. Serve on University and Professional Committees as assigned;
- Demonstrate strong customer service orientation;
- Be proficient in the use of the University’s Management Information System and Microsoft Office applications;
- Carry out special projects and other duties as assigned.
A sales or marketing background is preferred. The selected candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong computer & organizational skills and must be able to think, plan and execute strategically. Candidate must have a customer service orientation and utilize relationship building techniques.
This is an entry-level position that requires a Bachelor’s degree, (business or marketing preferred). Candidate must be a goal-oriented self starter who has the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment. Must be able to lift and carry marketing/promotional materials (up to 30 lbs).
Evening and weekend work is required for special events and programming. This position requires a valid driver’s license and driving record which complies with University of Bridgeport driving policy.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please send letter of application and resume to:
Department of Human Resources
University of Bridgeport
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Fax: (203) 576-4601