Library Technician II
Job Title: Library Technician II, Part-Time Date: January 7, 2015
Department: Library FLSA: Non Exempt, Grade 53
Status: Part-time, 23 hours/week, 32/academic year
Supervisor: University Librarian
Regular Schedule*: Sunday 9 pm – 12:00am (midnight),
Monday-Wednesday 8:00 pm to 12:00am (midnight)
Thursday 4:00-12:00am (midnight)
*This position requires flexibility in scheduling during midterms, finals and alternate library hours of operation which may include day or evening hours. Occasional schedule changes may also be required for vacation coverage, etc.
This Library Technician II will work as part of a team of staff to provide Information Desk services within a cutting edge, technology leading, Learning Commons Model of service during the late night hours. Duties include provision of services for students and faculty including the circulation and printing functions, participating in large scale technical services projects and providing backup services for the media delivery function.
The Library supports a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs including distance learning, accelerated adult learner programs, Schools of Education, Naturopathic Medicine, Acupuncture, Engineering, Physician Assistant, and Chiropractic Studies.
This individual is responsible for keeping the Library open during late night shifts.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers questions in-person, by telephone, through Instant Messaging, and via email.
- Uses and tests all library databases.
- Makes steady progress on technical services projects, completing several records each day.
- Maintains an atmosphere conducive to learning in the Library by enforcing Library policies.
- Works closely with other Library staff to develop consistent student support.
- Checks material out/in and resolves fines and fees, communicating with University Librarian and Access Services staff regularly
- Back Up of Media Services activities
- Participates in projects that require use of Ex Libris and OCLC software
- Other work related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma; prefer at least two years of college and previous experience using research databases
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and order LC Call Numbers
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office, Library Databases and Internet searching
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish good working relationships with students, including international students
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in customer service, be flexible, and acquire new skills independently
- Strong service orientation
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please send a letter of application and resume to:
Department of Human Resources
Library Technician II – Part-time
University of Bridgeport
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Email: email@example.com (203) 576-4588 Fax: (203) 576-4601
It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Clery Act reports are available at http://www.bridgeport.edu/Media/Website%20Resources/documents/life/CampusSecurityReport.pdf