HEALTH SCIENCE ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
The Health Science Admissions Counselor reports directly to the Director of Health Science Admissions. This position carries the responsibility for all aspects of graduate recruitment and for developing and implementing programmatic marketing/recruitment strategies that result in increasing both the quantity and quality of graduate students entering the University. The Health Science Admissions Counselor oversees the processing of domestic, graduate Health Science applications.
- Oversee the processing of domestic, graduate Health Science applications, from file preparation to file completion, to evaluation, to decision-making, to final file reconciliation prior to releasing applications to the respective department once student is registered
- Responsible for coordinating, in conjunction with Deans and Directors, the strategic recruitment plan for selected Health Science program
- Develop marketing and communications plans
- Coordinate messaging strategies that emphasize program value differentiators
- Identify and optimize marketing channels that provide the best return on investment
- Identify outreach relationships and make presentations to prospects
- Develop approaches and tactics to generate prospects and leads and convert them to applications
- Construct plans to measure the effectiveness of various outreach campaigns
- Engage in recruitment outreach such as corporate visits, graduate fairs, etc.
- Interface with graduate departments regarding admissions standards, recruitment events, advertising approaches as well as departmental publications and e-broadcasts
- Be familiar with reporting capabilities, data analysis, and using data for strategic decision making
- Carry out special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution required, Masters degree preferred;
- 1-3 years experience in a college/university admissions office or an equivalent combination of education and experience ;
- Knowledge of computer databases, information systems, and new technologies including electronic applications and the utilization of the web for recruitment are essential;
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office specifically Access, Excel and Word;
- Experience with the Datatel Colleague student records management system is considered a plus.
- Candidate must be goal-oriented and a self-starter;
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills including: observation, analysis and explanation;
- Professional oral and written skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Process information quickly and accurately;
- Able to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks in a high-volume environment.
Evening and weekend work is required for special events and programming. This position requires a valid driver’s license and driving record which complies with University of Bridgeport driving policy.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Please send letter of application and resume to:
University of Bridgeport
Department of Human Resources
Health Science Admissions Counselor
Wahlstrom Library, 7th Floor
126 Park Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Fax: (203) 576-4601
It is the policy of the University of Bridgeport to prohibit discrimination in admissions, educational programs and employment, and in the provision of services on the basis of legally protected class characteristics (unless there is a bona fide occupational qualification related to employment), or any other unlawful factor. Protected class characteristics include race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, creed, ancestry, workplace hazards to reproductive systems, sex (gender identity, gender expression, sexual harassment), marital status, civil union status, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, national origin, physical/mental/learning disability, veteran status and any other group protected by civil rights laws.
The University of Bridgeport complies with Clery Act and maintains records of campus crime statistics and security policies. Copies of University of Bridgeport Clery Act reports are available at http://www.bridgeport.edu/Media/Website%20Resources/documents/life/CampusSecurityReport.pdf